PDA

View Full Version : Vodka Spill

car man257
10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Last night driving home from the store I had a bottle of Vodka shatter. :mad: It broke behind the rear seats of my Envoy and flowed down under the seats. Any advice on how to get the smell out of there. I sucked up as much as I could with my LGM but it still smells. I also tried to clean and much of the carpet as I could but the location is so hard to get to its next to impossible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Scott

Setec Astronomy
10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
LOL, that`s bad for getting pulled over, man! Sorry, I can`t help you, some of the pros who have encountered this before will chime in.

fbirdquik6
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
alcohol is extreamly fast in evaporating and vodka is a pretty pure form of alcohol, which is good (as opposed to a bourbon spill) id say give it another pass with the lgm and add alot of heat and dont get pulled over lol

Junebug
10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I had the plastic top of a quart of vodka to break - right before coming through Customs from a cruise. Lucky for me it was a carry-on and I just held it up-right. This was in 1990 in case ya`ll wondered!

As far as the smell - I think it will go away in a few days if you can leave the windows down, at least it wasn`t Crown Royal.

qwertydude
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah the vodka ought to deep clean whatever it spilled onto. And it`ll really not even leave a trace.

imported_themightytimmah
10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Heat and air motion should help. A fan blowing air over the area will speed drying, and once its dried, you should be in good shape.

Hopefully it was Popov`s and not a good bottle that broke :)

tonio5555
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Just came back from the store riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
:think:

just kidding... good luck getting it out