PDA

View Full Version : Bad Detailing Job

Pages : [1] 2

gebster
10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Just had my my car detailed. 07 350Z Looks worse than before all types of swirls and hazing on the car now. Stated that they clay polish and applied Zaino. Detailer stated car looks good. I think not. I have to get it redone but i am not going to take it to the same detailer. How long should I wait. Car looks really bad. How can you tell if the clear coat is damaged.

This has been a real nightmare. Any help would be great

NCZ13
10-05-2008, 02:00 PM
do you have any pictures of your car in its current state?

where are you located.

aside from being badly swirled, im sure your clearcoat is fine

BigAl3
10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
was it done by an Autopian? if you don`t have the supplies to do so, list where you`re located and maybe a fellow member can help you out...

wfedwar
10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
What do you mean how long should you wait?

Holden_C04
10-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Posting on another forum, eh? What you need is to get in touch with a professional in your area. If you tell me your location, I can refer you to someone that does quality work.

KnuckleBuckett
10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
What area do you live in? Maybe one of us could help out.

Garry Dean
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
What area?

KnuckleBuckett
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM
New Orleans (north side) near City Park by the south entrance of the L P causeway.

Robb
10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
New Orleans (north side) near City Park by the south entrance of the L P causeway.

too far away, or I would have offered http://1person1million.com/img/149/p08k0929xkkl/icon_mrgreen.gif

gebster
10-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Posting on another forum, eh? What you need is to get in touch with a professional in your area. If you tell me your location, I can refer you to someone that does quality work.

I live in overland park ks. kansas city metro area

thanks

Holden_C04
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
IIRC Totoland Mach is in that area. Let me find his info and I`ll update my post.

EDIT: There`s no email listed for him so what you can do is search his user name (Totoland Mach) and send him a Private Message with a link to this thread and ask if he would be willing to help you.

He`s located in Overland Park, KS.

elgineddie
10-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Gebster,

I know how you feel. It can be a bad feeling.

Sounds like your detailer didn`t take his time or perhaps complete the final 2 steps.

You don`t have to wait. Your new detailer will need to start from the beginning by removing whatever wax or sealant is on there. No claying. If no scratches (and only swirls and haze) he can focus his 3 hours on polishing the heck out of it.

If money is no issue there are guys on this board that can help you. If you spent $175 for a bad job and money is the issue, call the guy back. Tell him you aren`t happy and would like him to redo the entire car this time focusing on polishing rather correction. He won`t screw up the clear coat. Only birds and acid rain can do that!

PLEASE let us know what comes of this.

zaxjax
10-06-2008, 07:36 AM
I`m sorry to hear about your dilemma but if you paid for a service that is unacceptable, you should have them correct it first. At least give the guy a chance to make a bad situation right.

imported_beachwolverine
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
After reading what happened, I would not trust this outfit to "make it right". They messed it up and didn`t even admit that it was a poor job. ("Detailer stated car looks good"). You deserve your money back but that will not happen.

After a few threats to get your money back (it might work), I would move on to a quality detailer and consider it an expensive lesson.

JMHO.

wfedwar
10-06-2008, 05:42 PM
After reading what happened, I would not trust this outfit to "make it right". They messed it up and didn`t even admit that it was a poor job. ("Detailer stated car looks good"). You deserve your money back but that will not happen.

After a few threats to get your money back (it might work), I would move on to a quality detailer and consider it an expensive lesson.

JMHO.

I agree. He may just make it worse.