PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Power Clean Spray What?

shadow85
10-02-2008, 08:59 PM
The spray Power Clean is really nice on wheels and tires. I just wanted to know what I can and shouldnt use Power Clean on.

Chris@Optimum
10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
watch your dilution just like any APC. It`s non-caustic but still souldn`t be allowed to dry on a surface.

Blade9
10-02-2008, 09:37 PM
As addendum to original question: What are the various dilutions for real-world use of this product? For example, what`s for general cleaning of interior, for removal of old dressings, for wheels, for tires, for engine de-greasing, etc. There may be other uses I haven`t thought of. I just have a jug arrive the other day and the intstructions are minimal.

Chris@Optimum
10-02-2008, 10:58 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/111031-optimum-power-clean-wheels.html#post1170199

See post #9. Here`s the one`s I use with success. There are no recommendations on the label.

shadow85
10-03-2008, 07:17 AM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/111031-optimum-power-clean-wheels.html#post1170199

See post #9. Here`s the one`s I use with success. There are no recommendations on the label.

Haha yea, that was my thread. I have the spray botttle version. Some say dilute that to 3:1. some say its already diluted 3:1 (just use). I am confused as to what`s the truth.

Chris@Optimum
10-04-2008, 12:10 AM
The 17oz size is a ready to use product. It is the equivalent of mixing the concentrate at 3:1. All other sizes >17oz are concentrates. My most used ratios are= 1:1 on engines and bad door jambs, 3:1 on wheels, wells, and normal jambs, and 10:1 for interiors. I keep these 3 mixed up and labeled in spray bottles and keep a 1 gallon pressurized sprayer mixed 5:1 for a presoak on vehicles that I will be polishing. I am positive about the ready to use being prediluted 3:1, regardless of what you`ve heard elsewhere. Hope this helps you.

wannafbody
10-04-2008, 08:03 AM

Why would someone make a product and not make recommendations as to how to use it-especially a concentrate?

shadow85
10-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Power Clean has a strong smell to it. Still good for interior?

Chris@Optimum
10-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Why would someone make a product and not make recommendations as to how to use it-especially a concentrate?

From the 1 Gallon label:

DIRECTIONS: for use on wheels and tires: can be used at full strength or diluted up to 3:1. Agitate as neede and rinse off. For use on painted surfaces, dilute 3:1 for best results. Spray on, agitate and rinse. For use on interiorior panels, dilute at 3:1. Spray on, agitate and wipe off. For us on leather, vinyl, or dashboard, dilute at 3:1. Spray on and wipe off.

The label also warns:DO NOT APPLY TO SURFACES OVER 120F OR ALLOW PRODUCT TO DRY ON SURFACE

The OP asked for real world dilutions and I gave them based on what I have used successfully in my business.

As you can read, they have directions, but no recommendations for some areas that we use other APCs for. As usual you are knocking OPT or attempting to, we all get it: you don`t like their stuff...:sosad

Chris@Optimum
10-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Power Clean has a strong smell to it. Still good for interior?

From the 1 Gallon label:

DIRECTIONS: for use on wheels and tires: can be used at full strength or diluted up to 3:1. Agitate as neede and rinse off. For use on painted surfaces, dilute 3:1 for best results. Spray on, agitate and rinse. For use on interior panels, dilute at 3:1. Spray on, agitate and wipe off. For us on leather, vinyl, or dashboard, dilute at 3:1. Spray on and wipe off.

The label also warns:

DO NOT APPLY TO SURFACES OVER 120F OR ALLOW PRODUCT TO DRY ON SURFACE

On the left side of the label:

...Use it on everything!...

wannafbody
10-04-2008, 12:42 PM
From the 1 Gallon label:

DIRECTIONS: for use on wheels and tires: can be used at full strength or diluted up to 3:1. Agitate as neede and rinse off. For use on painted surfaces, dilute 3:1 for best results. Spray on, agitate and rinse. For use on interiorior panels, dilute at 3:1. Spray on, agitate and wipe off. For us on leather, vinyl, or dashboard, dilute at 3:1. Spray on and wipe off.

The label also warns:DO NOT APPLY TO SURFACES OVER 120F OR ALLOW PRODUCT TO DRY ON SURFACE

The OP asked for real world dilutions and I gave them based on what I have used successfully in my business.

As you can read, they have directions, but no recommendations for some areas that we use other APCs for. As usual you are knocking OPT or attempting to, we all get it: you don`t like their stuff...:sosad

No, I asked a legitimate question. You made it sound as if there were no instructions for use. Thanks for the clarification.

Chris@Optimum
10-04-2008, 02:38 PM
My apologies, I must have been thinking of someone else. You`re welcome for the clarification, sorry my explanation was misleading. I see that now.