PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for backing plate and pads for my new 7424

Fast Eddie
10-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I got a PC 7424 that I bought brand new for $85 from a friend and could use some recommendations on pads, sizes and a backing plate for this PC.

I have a 01 Chevy Silverado and a 02 Toyota Camry to detail.

I see different size pads and didn`t want to get a large pad that would make detailing the Chevy clear coat impossible but just could use a little help picking the right pads out for the job.

Any help would be appreciated.

BigJimZ28
10-02-2008, 02:55 PM
IMO stick with pads 4"-5.5"

and BP a little smaller then the pad

also try the search

this topic comes up alot so there is a ton of good info here on the subject

Legacy
10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I got a PC 7424 that I bought brand new for $85 from a friend and could use some recommendations on pads, sizes and a backing plate for this PC.

I have a 01 Chevy Silverado and a 02 Toyota Camry to detail.

I see different size pads and didn`t want to get a large pad that would make detailing the Chevy clear coat impossible but just could use a little help picking the right pads out for the job.

Any help would be appreciated.I would get 5.5" pads with a 5" backing plate for light correction and for sealants and waxes. Maybe 2 orange, 2 white and 1 gray or blue for final polish. I would also get 4" pads with a 3.5" backing plate for more serious correction. Same color pads as the 5.5". Your Chevy cc is harder than the Toyota, but the 5.5" pads will work, just may take longer.

Envious Eric
10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
IMO, unlike some others, stay away from the CCS pads...I have used the 4" on the PC like everyone says to do and how great its supposed to be, but it flat out didnt do anything, and a 5.5" orange pad corrected more, better, faster...

I like the 5.5" flat lake country pads with a 5" plate on speed 6 for everything via PC. Waxing gets a 6.5" pad with a 6" plate on speed 4