PDA

View Full Version : My black leather looks dull

dpe_g35
10-02-2008, 03:41 AM
hey guys what`s up! :)

I have a 2008 Infiniti g35 sedan and I noticed that in the day time my black leather looks dull it isn`t as dark as it was. What products can I use to bring it back to life?

Thanks ;)

Joel_MD
10-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Here is a list of favorites that a lot of Autopia members use, in no particular order:

Leatherique Rejunvenator Oil

Poorboys World Leather Stuff

Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

Griot`s Garage Leather Care

1Z Einszett Leather Care

Personally I use the Griot`s product, but I will probably switch to something else when the bottle runs out.

TheJeepGuy
10-02-2008, 08:04 AM
I used Duragloss LC on mine, and it worked okay.

Bert
10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Here is a list of favorites that a lot of Autopia members use, in no particular order:

Leatherique Rejunvenator Oil

Poorboys World Leather Stuff

Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle

Griot`s Garage Leather Care

1Z Einszett Leather Care

Personally I use the Griot`s product, but I will probably switch to something else when the bottle runs out.

Yeah, Leatherique and Leather Master`s seem to be the ones receiving the highest praise with Z-10 coming in close behind. Right now I am using the Sonus brand and like it. Once it is used up I will probably experiement with other brands but may very well come right back to Sonus, who knows.

imported_sal329
10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I like to clean leather with Woolite/Water then use 4 star leather conditoner

Todd@RUPES
10-02-2008, 10:47 AM
I would try Gloss It Satin Leather Polish (cleaner) and Satin Shine. While not the restoration type product that Leatherquie is, they every bit as good as Leather Masters.

Bert
10-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I would try Gloss It Satin Leather Polish (cleaner) and Satin Shine. While not the restoration type product that Leatherquie is, they every bit as good as Leather Masters.

To get the Leatherique affect, you need to leave the Rejuvenator Oil on the paint for atleast 6 hours (longer if you can) correct? I thought about returning a favor to a friend of mine by cleaning out the interior of his car. His exterior is in pretty good shape, the interior has suffered from kids and a dog. I thougth about using Leatherique but I won`t have the car for much more than three hours so I don`t want to waste Leatherique if I won`t get the full effect so I am thinking I will use Sonus on it.

D!Tailed
10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Leatherique Rejuvinator oil for the deep cleaning, and the Leatherique Prestine Clean for the Touch up/quick detailing.

I`ve used the Lexol stuff and it`s nice, but I really like the Leatherique stuff the best!!

Blade9
10-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I have a 2008 Audi. Leather Masters keep its black leather looking as new as the day I got it. Leatherique`s application method is too involved for my needs.

akimel
10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Over at the Honda S2000 Forums, a lot of folks swear by the Townsend Leather Care Products. It makes great sense to me to use a product manufactured by a company that specializes in leather care--e.g., Lexol, Leatherique, Leather Master, or Townsend. One thing for sure: stay away from saddle soap.