PDA

View Full Version : applying Carnauba wax do`s & don`ts

Pages : [1] 2

vdiesel
09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
I finally decided to get myself some Poorboy`s Natty`s red wax.

I have red a few times not to follow exactly the directions on the label of many of those waxes.

example wax and area and remove it afterwards as oppose to do the whole car and then remove or it.

any comments?

Setec Astronomy
09-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I`ve never popped my jar of Natty`s (won it) but from what I understand it`s a pretty soft wax you should be able to let it haze on the whole car before removing. It`s the hard/heavy waxes like Meg`s #16 or Collinite 476S that if you put them on too thick and let them dry they will be like concrete.

eyezack87
09-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Thin is your friend for easy removal, especially if it is supposed to dry. Also, don`t let waxes dry if they weren`t meant to. Zymol and Collonite were my teachers :(

Scottwax
10-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Follow the directions.

xspwrstang
10-01-2008, 07:27 AM
I have Natty`s blue that I use on my cars. Use a foam pad and just do a couple of swipes on the paste and spread it very thin over your surface a little does go a long way. It`s very easy to take off I usually do half the car then wipe off. If you put too much it will leave dark spots...trust me put it thin.

MarcHarris
10-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Follow the directions.

+1.

some waxes you can leave on before other prior to buffing off. you`ll have to learn the "sweet spot" for each product you own

jedovaty
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Don`t eat the wax.

No matter how good it smells.

Bert
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Follow the directions.

Unfortunately the directions on some products don`t go into enough detail. For example, the first time I used Werkstat Acrylic Jett, I read the instructions and then got to work using what I thought was a thin layer. It went on easy enough, now removing it......well, that was not so easy. I didn`t think I would ever get it off that night. The next day I got on here and starting reading what posters were saying and I saw your post about how to keep spreading the product and working it in and watching for high spots and knocking them down. Several months later, I applied again taking your advice and it was such an easier process.

Another thing I learned, after this bottle of AJ is empty, I am switching to Trigger. Even easier to apply.:up

Scottwax
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately the directions on some products don`t go into enough detail.

True, but you should always start by following the directions.

[Twitch]
10-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I`ve never popped my jar of Natty`s (won it) but from what I understand it`s a pretty soft wax you should be able to let it haze on the whole car before removing. It`s the hard/heavy waxes like Meg`s #16 or Collinite 476S that if you put them on too thick and let them dry they will be like concrete.

Natty blue + moist applicator = Spreading Blue-Bubblegum-flavored-butter over the car!

vdiesel
10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
moist applicator, is in spray water? or put it through under a water sprinkler?

can`t wait to get that Natty`s red! and I also bought some Clear Kote Red Moose Machine Glaze. this should be interesting!

BigAl3
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
apply a nice even thin coat and wiping it off should be a breeze...

[Twitch]
10-01-2008, 07:05 PM

can`t wait to get that Natty`s red! and I also bought some Clear Kote Red Moose Machine Glaze. this should be interesting!

Any way you want, get it moist.

stang2676
10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
when i applied my nattys blue i spritzed my applicator pad with some PB quick detailer and it went on/off effortlessly.

Alfisti
10-02-2008, 01:25 PM

I have Nattys Red too. Ensure the applicator is damp, not wet. A light spritz with a QD is fine.