PDA

View Full Version : Help A Noob out...

chromecarz00
09-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Found this forum around a year ago, completely blown away.

Then somehow lost it "rollseyes". Found it about 2 weeks ago, started reading for hours a day and finally starting to post.

Ive been cleaning cars for awhile, mostly as a noob so forgive me and some of my noob products. I just wanted to get a few opinions on cleaning products, what i should keep, etc.

Heres a list of what I have (and in some cases have used):

(E)Nu Finish Polish (go for it. just get it all out...)

(E)Meguirs NXT 2.0

(E)Armor All Car Wash

(E)Armor All Tire Foam

(E)Black Magic Tire Wet

(E)Rain X 2 in 1 Cleaner and RepellEnt

(E)Meguiars Carinibu Wax

(E)Meguiars Claybar + Detailer Spray

(E + I) Armor All Detailer

(I)Lexol Leather Cleaner

(I)Lexol Leather Conditioner

(I)Scotchguard Protectant Spray

(I)Scotchguard OXY Cleaner

(I)Resolve High Traffic Foam

(I)Woolite Oxy Deep

(I) Spot Shot Carpet Stain Remover

I have a few more that arent really important that Im leaving out. I have a traditional household vaccum cleaner, and a few microfiber cloths.

OH I have a Volvo S40, with a special material for the interior called T-Tech.

S40 T-Tec Seats - help! (http://volvoforums.com/m_92549/tm.htm)

". The most innovative upholstery is Dala, a ribbed textile with T-Tec elements and visible light-colored seams. T-Tec is a material specially developed for Volvo and inspired by sportswear and modern travel accessories. The contrast between T-Tec and textile - along with seams in a different color - reinforces the car`s dynamic appeal"

As you can see its a PAIN to clean, feels somewhat similar to seatbelt material. Other than steamcleaning, does anybody have any products that would surely protect all stains? I`ve done a relatively good job on them, so theyre pretty clean, but I don`t wnat to have to spend 2 hours a month on them alone.

Also I am a college student on a rather limited budget, so what should I do about the list of products I have? I was thinking of getting a dual action, since im not happy with the results Im getting now..

Any Help?

Thanks in advance.

chromecarz00
10-05-2008, 05:12 PM
anyone? i can take any advice on any part of the post instead of the whole thing...

Joel_MD
10-06-2008, 03:32 AM
As for your laundry list of products, if they`re working well for you then keep using them. When you say "Armor All Detailer," are you referring to Armor All Protectant? Personally I think Armor All Protectant sucks. I use 303 Aerospace Protectant or Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing (diluted 2:1) for the exterior, and 1Z Einszett Cockpit Lemon for the interior. You could also try the Hyper Dressing as a less expensive alternative to your tire products.

I`ve never heard anything bad about Nu Finish, although it certainly doesn`t get top billing here among Autopia members. Try topping Nu Finish with a pure wax such as Collinite 845 or 476 for more durability.

I`ll let someone else comment on your interior fabric questions.