PDA

View Full Version : Which Menzerna Polish to get

Joey1558
09-28-2008, 02:46 PM
MY white 2001 VW Jetta has pretty bad swirl damage to it...i want to get Menzerna products because i hear they are very good...I am going to get the Super Intensive Polish...but i dont know what to finish it with...i want a Light to medium polish that finishes really well...i was looking at Intensive polish, but i dont know how nice it finishs, does anyone have any experiance with Menzerna IP..i was also loking at Power Finish, which menzerna claims to have almost as much cutting power as SIP but i dobt it, but it`s said to finish very well...so do you think i should get the SIP and Power finish combo...or SIP and IP combo...or any other combo you think will be powerful and have light to medium cutting power that finishes well...thank you

Cleaning Fool
09-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I would just go SIP then 106ff

DSVWGLI
09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
MY white 2001 VW Jetta has pretty bad swirl damage to it...i want to get Menzerna products because i hear they are very good...I am going to get the Super Intensive Polish...but i dont know what to finish it with...i want a Light to medium polish that finishes really well...i was looking at Intensive polish, but i dont know how nice it finishs, does anyone have any experiance with Menzerna IP..i was also loking at Power Finish, which menzerna claims to have almost as much cutting power as SIP but i dobt it, but it`s said to finish very well...so do you think i should get the SIP and Power finish combo...or SIP and IP combo...or any other combo you think will be powerful and have light to medium cutting power that finishes well...thank you

Depends on how hard the clear is on your car. I have an 03 black Jetta with very very soft clear. SIP is more than enough for correction work on my car but for the most part VW clear is very hard. What polisher are you going to use? Random orbit or rotary? SIP with a rotary will give you a lot more cut than with a PC. What pads will you be using? Hard clear with heavy marring and using PC and SIP with a cutting pad will not yield optimum results, you would need to step up to powergloss. As far as the finishing polish goes, get 106FA over 106FF if you can as it dusts a lot less.

ce detailing
09-28-2008, 04:24 PM
i was looking into the same thing...

i was thinking about ordering this

Menzerna Intro Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-intro-kit.html)

32 oz. Menzerna Intensive Polish

32 oz. Menzerna Final Polish

$59.99

BUT NOW I THINK IM GONNA JUST SPEND THE EXTRA LOOT AND GO

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO 83

Menzerna Super Finish (Nano) PO 106 FA

jdrop01
09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I have great results with the MIP followed by the MFP. I bought this as a started kit and found it to be great. But I have heard SIP is an awesome product. I just wish I can run out of my current products to buy more. I like to use everything instead of throwing money around.

Joey1558
09-30-2008, 04:43 PM
i think i am going to get SIP for heavy stuff and power finish for medium to light and it finishes nice i hear...(i am going to use w/e ad is nessasary) and VW clear coats are very hard for the most part....so im goin with SIP and power finish...thanks for the help

bryan
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
i think i am going to get SIP for heavy stuff and power finish for medium to light and it finishes nice i hear...(i am going to use w/e ad is nessasary) and VW clear coats are very hard for the most part....so im goin with SIP and power finish...thanks for the help

I would get the 85rd for a final, better gloss

docrice
09-30-2008, 11:23 PM
For my `01 GTI, I went with SIP followed by 106FF using a PC and 4" orange / white pads. I re-did it all later with rotary for that little extra something.

nrengle
10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I have to agree 85RD finishes really nice. I just got done fixing a lot of body shop screw ups (holograms and swirls) on my NHBP Civic SI, and I used 85RD for a final polish (after using Wolfgang TSR), and it`s amazing. Works great with a rotary, doesn`t take long at all to do it`s job, and wipes up easy. Doesn`t dust that much either.