PDA

View Full Version : Black Lincoln Limo advice

heatgain
09-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Tomorrow....new customer with his own black Lincoln limo, 72"

stretch. He just wants a "wash & wax", wants me to "get familiar"

with his vehicle before maybe letting me loose on a detail. I can see how past "detailers" have done this vehicle and I can`t really blame him, not knowing me. I pointed out swirls, holograms, and other such ilk on his vehicle but he`s sticking with wash & wax for now.

What to use, wax-wise? I`m definitely going to clay, but what can I use as a LSP (that I have) to impress him while working within limitations he`s placing on me? He doesn`t even want me to protect his thick vinyl roof or do the inside yet. I think he`s gunshy from past Armor-All experience.

This guy has 4 more vehicles that I saw today at his (big) house, so I`m thinking future details on all rests on this.

LSPs I have:

Opti-seal

UPGP

S100 wax

Gold Class paste

NXT 2.0 liguid

DG 501

DG 105

DG 111

DG Aqua Wax

Black Magic Wet Shine liquid

Collinite 815

Meg`s #66

OCW

I also have DWG..thinking about a quick layer of that under the LSP. I`ll have the car for about a day and a half.

Any thoughts?

Bigpoppa3346
09-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Use an AIO type product...Duragloss 501 sounds like a nice candidate. You will get much more impressive results if you use a product on a machine with some polishing action.

Edit: A day and a half is a really long time for a wash and wax, especially if you aren`t doing the roof or interior. Maybe throw in a quick coat of Opti-Seal on top of the 501?

Cleaning Fool
09-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I would go DWG followed by DG111. That should make him take notice.

heatgain
09-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Use an AIO type product...Duragloss 501 sounds like a nice candidate. You will get much more impressive results if you use a product on a machine with some polishing action.

Edit: A day and a half is a really long time for a wash and wax, especially if you aren`t doing the roof or interior. Maybe throw in a quick coat of Opti-Seal on top of the 501?

Thanks for replying.

I was thinking of that.sneaking in a quick coat of a WOWA). Altho I have Opti-Seal, I`ve never used it yet. I was considering maybe using UPGP over the LSP. Unless, in someone`s experience, Opti-Seal is just as good (or better) than UPGP, because I do want to try it.

So in your (or any subsequent) opinion, the 501 AIO is better than the Meg`s #66?

PS: Does 501 stain trim?

Lumadar
09-27-2008, 03:05 PM
I personally find M21 or NXT 2.0 to look absurdly amazing on black vehicles. The mirror-like look is pretty awesome.

That said, I would start with an AIO to take the edge off of the existing damage, and follow up with the NXT 2.0.

No sense in using a super long lasting/expensive LSP if you are going to be coming back (hopefully) relatively soon for a full detail anyway.

Bigpoppa3346
09-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for replying.

I was thinking of that.sneaking in a quick coat of a WOWA). Altho I have Opti-Seal, I`ve never used it yet. I was considering maybe using UPGP over the LSP. Unless, in someone`s experience, Opti-Seal is just as good (or better) than UPGP, because I do want to try it.

So in your (or any subsequent) opinion, the 501 AIO is better than the Meg`s #66?

PS: Does 501 stain trim?

I dunno, I haven`t used either. I would imagine the #66 has better cut, I didn`t realize you had that until I posted. I would test both on them side by side on a polishing pad, see which one removes more. Go from there.

Remember, on basic details, the more polishing you are able to do, the better. I can never understand it when I see people saying "the customer only wanted $XXX worth of work", but then do a wash, glaze and 2 coats of LSP, when they would have gotten much better results if they had done a single step polish and just one LSP in the same amount of time.

heatgain
09-27-2008, 10:22 PM
I`m leaning towards clay, M66 or DG 501 with the DA, DWG glaze, then.....I don`t know yet.

I think NXT 2.0 or DG 111 as suggested above. Worried about NXT 2.0 hitting some trim and staining. :nervous2:

Only 7 hours to decide!

jshillin
09-28-2008, 10:05 AM
DWG topped with S100. If that paint is in the condition you say, you will get the most filling with a nice paste.