PDA

View Full Version : My Arsenal

detail_king
09-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey,

Well...I will be detailing a 2006 Honda Civic SI Coupe in Fiji Blue Metallic next Saturday, and I just wanted to make sure I had the right arsenal. Also, I want to know what order I would use the products in. Obviously, I know you wash first lol. So here it is:

Foam master Foam gun

Sheepskin Wash Mit

Ulti-Mit Wheel & Tire mit

Cobra Guzzler WW Towels

Meguiars Show Car Glaze 7

Wolfgang Clay Combo

200 Gram Elastic Poly Clay Bar

Wolfgang Clay Lube

All purpose Microfiber Towel

Stoner Invisible Glass

Cobra WW Glass Towel

2 Grit Guards

2 5 Gal buckets

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

6 Pack Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloths

Black WOW

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1

Pinnacle XMT Fine Swirl Remover #2

JetSeal 109 Paint Sealant

Flex XC 3401 w/ pad kit

Is there anything on this list that won`t be necessary?

BigAl3
09-27-2008, 12:05 PM
i would go to your local sams club and get the 25 pack of microfiber towels (around $10) as you will need them for the dirtier tasks (engine, door jams, wheels, interior, etc) and you`ll go through them quickly. i wouldn`t want to use the cobra microfibers for that as they are too nice. i noticed the Flex 3401 pad kit only comes with one orange pad, i would pick another one up and at least have 2-3 white and orange pads on hand. though they are more, you might want to look into the menzerna line of polishes (SIP & 106FA). instead of the ulti-mit, go to your local lowes or home depot and pick up a few grout sponges, they also work well on the paint (don`t use the same one on the paint that you use on the wheels/tires LOL)...

detail_king
09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Alright. I will do that then. But, Is my arsenal sufficient for the job on the SI

BigAl3
09-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Alright. I will do that then. But, Is my arsenal sufficient for the job on the SI

don`t know if you have it or not...

you`ll need some QD, tire dressing (don`t forget to do the wheel wells), interior dressing/wipedown (megs quik interior detailer is a good one)...

detail_king
09-27-2008, 12:42 PM
In what order should I use these products I have listed? Whats a good shop vac to buy?

BigAl3
09-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Also, I want to know what order I would use the products in.

wash - 2 Grit Guards / 2 5 Gal buckets / Foam master Foam gun / Sheepskin Wash Mit / Ulti-Mit Wheel & Tire mit

dry- Cobra Guzzler WW Towels

you can also clay while the car is wet, it`s up to you...

clay - Wolfgang Clay Combo

200 Gram Elastic Poly Clay Bar (cut the bar in half)

Wolfgang Clay Lube

polish - Flex XC 3401 w/ pad kit / Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1 / Pinnacle XMT Fine Swirl Remover #2

glaze - meguiars #7

lsp - jetseal 109 paint sealant and/or Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

glass - Stoner Invisible Glass / Cobra WW Glass Towel

trim - Black WOW

hope this helps...

BigAl3
09-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Whats a good shop vac to buy?

go to your local HD and check out the ridgid wet/dry vacs, they also come with a Lifetime Warranty...

Search Results for ridgid wet dry vacs (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=ridgid+wet+dry+vacs&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053)

detail_king
09-27-2008, 01:55 PM
If I do both the Paint Sealant and Paste wax, which one do I do first?

BigAl3
09-27-2008, 05:07 PM
If I do both the Paint Sealant and Paste wax, which one do I do first?

first the paint sealant and then the carnauba paste...

detail_king
09-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Alright. Thank you so much for your help! I can`t wait to do this detail and post some pics!

BigAl3
09-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Alright. Thank you so much for your help! I can`t wait to do this detail and post some pics!

we can`t wait either! :)

p.s. check out these videos (the first two) if you haven`t already, it will give you an idea... YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=flex+3401&search_type=&aq=f)