PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Accidents ?

MASKDMARVL
09-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Post your worst accident with a rotary.

Ill start.

I was 16/17, in dealership new car prep working for Lexus. A salesman comes to me, and says I have a friend that wants to have his car done, but its not your average car its a show car. To be exact a fiero GT 1988 V6 on the bottle. So I agreed to take the plunge. It came in to the shop just beautiful, red with a pearl flame paint job, it was everything he said it was. Well I had used the rotary a "few" times, and I knew my polishes, and pads enough to feel comfortable. I was making a pass up the ridge of the passenger fender, and bumped the antenna mast which drove my wool pad to the side, and dug it right into the hood. aside from being whiped in the face by the antenna I had burned a hole into the flames. 2 inches by 6 inches there was no paint left. It looked like it caught fire. Im not going to tell you how he reacted. It wasnt pretty.:bat I was in the unemployment line the next day. :aww:

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
There are just so many things wrong about that. BTW, what is "on the bottle"?

Silverado_13
09-25-2008, 08:58 PM
There are just so many things wrong about that. BTW, what is "on the bottle"?

Probably nitrous.

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Probably nitrous.

Oops, my bad :o

BigAl3
09-25-2008, 09:26 PM

Ill start.

I was 16/17, in dealership new car prep working for Lexus. A salesman comes to me, and says I have a friend that wants to have his car done, but its not your average car its a show car. To be exact a fiero GT 1988 V6 on the bottle. So I agreed to take the plunge. It came in to the shop just beautiful, red with a pearl flame paint job, it was everything he said it was. Well I had used the rotary a "few" times, and I knew my polishes, and pads enough to feel comfortable. I was making a pass up the ridge of the passenger fender, and bumped the antenna mast which drove my wool pad to the side, and dug it right into the hood. aside from being whiped in the face by the antenna I had burned a hole into the flames. 2 inches by 6 inches there was no paint left. It looked like it caught fire. Im not going to tell you how he reacted. It wasnt pretty.:bat I was in the unemployment line the next day. :aww:

post this in here... http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/57485-what-s-worst-mistake-you-ve-made-while-detailing-19.html

archebald23
02-22-2010, 07:25 PM

Ill start.

I was 16/17, in dealership new car prep working for Lexus. A salesman comes to me, and says I have a friend that wants to have his car done, but its not your average car its a show car. To be exact a fiero GT 1988 V6 on the bottle. So I agreed to take the plunge. It came in to the shop just beautiful, red with a pearl flame paint job, it was everything he said it was. Well I had used the rotary a "few" times, and I knew my polishes, and pads enough to feel comfortable. I was making a pass up the ridge of the passenger fender, and bumped the antenna mast (http://www.speedycarparts.com/antenna_mast.html) which drove my wool pad to the side, and dug it right into the hood. aside from being whiped in the face by the antenna I had burned a hole into the flames. 2 inches by 6 inches there was no paint left. It looked like it caught fire. Im not going to tell you how he reacted. It wasnt pretty.:bat I was in the unemployment line the next day. :aww:

a show car on a nitrous, i dont even think its legal.. no insurance will cover that for sure.

AeroCleanse
02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Never had an incident.