PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and opinions on Eagle One A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

islandvic
09-25-2008, 01:22 PM
What are your thoughts and opinions on Eagle One A2Z ?

It`s acid free and is supposed to work on all wheels except anodized rims.

What are anodized rims?

Any experience with this product?

Will this work well with GM wheels that are prone to etching?

Thanks.

A2Zâ„¢ All Wheel & Tire Cleaner (http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1003&cat=5006)

ZaneO
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
When used as directed, I think it`s fairly safe and pretty effective. I like using it. As with any wheel cleaner, don`t let it dry on the surface.

Wasatch
09-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I use to use the old formula. Now a days ONR in QD strength get`s the job done.

BigAl3
09-25-2008, 05:32 PM
i love EO1 all wheel & tire cleaner and it works well IME. it would be nice if it was sold in gallons...

shadow85
09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Its suppose to be a pretty strong cleaner

Eisen Hulk
09-26-2008, 06:40 AM
I love E1 A2Z. Easily one of the best tire cleaners I`ve used.

ZoomBoy
09-26-2008, 07:39 AM
I love it and use it on both my girlfriends and my car. I wish they sold it in bigger jugs or something as it seems I have to buy a new bottle every month or so.

mikespine
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I think a bit strong for my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer EXT. Take a look at this link

Help: Eagle One A2Z Wheel Tire Cleaner Issue - DetailCity.org - Auto Detailing & Car Care Forum (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/wheel-tire-care/24437-help-eagle-one-a2z-wheel-tire-cleaner-issue.html?highlight=eagle)

Use with caution-Mike

BigAl3
09-26-2008, 09:13 PM
if one hasn`t used it yet, it`s always a good idea to do a little test spot (read the directions and use it on the appropriate wheels). i`ve been using this stuff for many, many years (even on hubcaps) and haven`t encountered any problems...

imported_MBenz
09-26-2008, 10:24 PM
I think it works great. It does a very good job of prepping tires for dressings.

kpounds
09-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Excellent and low cost. Cleans tires and wheels very well. Goes thru brake dust like hot knife thru butter! Its non-acidic but I don`t let it sit on my skin or wheels/tires too long.

For tires, I spray some around the tire, then dip my tire brush in car wash solution and scrub. This produces nice suds and a pretty strong cleaning solution for the tires.

TheJeepGuy
09-29-2008, 05:07 PM
It`s one of my favorite store-bought wheel cleaners. Probably the most effective of the "consumer" grade products.

So far, my favorite wheel cleaner is AutoMagic`s "Mag-Nificent", and its generic twin, "Magnum" from Karn Automotive Products of Green Bay, WI. This stuff is just amazing. Old dressing, brake dust, etc. just melts right off, and it cleans whitewall/white letter tires like no other. I`ve even used it on engines, but that`s just overkill...Regular degreaser like Super Clean works just as well there.

I use it full strength, but many detailers I talk to cut it 50% and it works nearly as well. Rarely, do you need to scrub the wheels and/or tires...The pressure from a pressure washer or sometimes even a strong spray from a garden hose is sufficient. It`s so effective that it even leaves clean streaks on the inside of dirty wheels where it ran down. Of course, my wheels are spotless on the inside too. :)

It`s pretty inexpensive...I bought a gallon of Magnum not too long ago for somewhere around 20 bucks shipped, and a gallon goes a long long way. I clean my vehicles at least once a week, and a gallon lasts me almost a year.

islandvic
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Would Meg`s APC diluted work just as well?

I`m considering purchase some APC and their Hyper-Dressing.

Thanks.

imported_SHICKS
09-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Excellent tire cleaner!!! Followed by z-16 is a great combo

66#1
10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Has A2Z in the aerosol can been disontinued? That stuff was awesome! I`ve used A2Z for years,and the aerosol version was by the far the best. It cleaned tires the best,and you didn`t seem to have to use as much as with the trigger spray version.

I went to Wally World and noticed they didn`t have the aerosol version,but I was able to buy a can of it at Autozone.