PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Concours

Pages : [1] 2

Mobilejay
09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Whats up everyone

I have been using Concours for some time now and first off let me say I can`t stop using it. Its great, I love it, it has brought me back to naubas. I wont ever stop using sealants but this stuff is amazing. The slickness is awesome, the way water falls off the cars is great, and it is beyond easy to wash a car with this stuff on.

Heres my problem. Lately (the last two cars) I have been seeing not streaks but something that looks like buffer holograms(kind of). It is hard to explain but I am applying this then wiping it off. When I wipe off I get these holograms in the paint. If I wipe it one way I see them, wipe it a different way they go away. I got a clean MF and re wiped the car and it seemed to take it away. It is like I am not buffing it off fully. Is this because I am wiping it off to soon or applying too much? Both?

Other than that I have NO complains about this product. Thanks in advance.

Wasatch
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I say you are applying too much. Or then again, you are not waiting for it to cure/flash properly. Either way you are applying a wet product to your vehicle.

Mobilejay
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks John, when I apply it I don`t want to wait too long to take it off cause it will be harder the longer I wait. I will try to wait some next time to see if it goes away. Thanks

superstring
09-25-2008, 02:06 PM
My experience is that Zymol needs to be buffed twice. The first time a light buff to remove excess product and then, a few hours later, a second buff (with a bit of QD) to remove streaks etc. and bring out the full shine. Sometimes it`s only after another wash and dry that I`ve seen the full potential of the wax.

Kyny
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey MobilJay

I use Z**** products too ( Vin****, Ro**** )

buff with the field glaze to remove streaks.

Elkin

ElkinAD.blogspot.com

stiffdogg06
09-25-2008, 02:33 PM
I always thought high end waxes like that need a few hours in the sun to fully cure and bring out the best of it.

I know Kevin (picus) does something similiar to that with Swissvax Concorso.

Mobilejay
09-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Superstring, I just finished washing and putting another coat on my car. As I was working I was remembering that I read on the site or somewhere that it says to buff again 4-6 hours later. I did alright this time, some spots where still streaky but got it off with another mf. I will try to remember 4-6 hours later to buff it again.

The only problem is I can`t tell a customer to finish my work later on. I`ll just have to keep messing with it till I get it right. Thanks

Mobilejay
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Stiffdogg, I don`t think I want to try that with this wax. After a minute it can be pretty hard to remove.

Kyny I might have to look into ordering that. Thanks

I just looked on their site, Field Glaze is a QD. I didn`t know what FG was. Anyway, I have Deep Detail which I love, and FK425. I use those but not too much luck, it comes off but not as easy as just QDing a car. I may have to try FG to see if it helps

DM101
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Sounds like both to me. When I use vintage I do the whole car and buff off with a 1 to 16oz ratio of OID. The finish gets better each day after aplication

Mobilejay
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
1oz water 16oz optimum? why the water, does it loosen it up a bit? I can`t imagine leaving concours on that long, it can be a pita to take off after 60 sec. Thats with out a qd though.

lbls1
09-25-2008, 03:20 PM
First of all, congrats on your experience with Concours. I have used concours for several years, and I feel that it is an excellent wax.

As for the holograms, the only thing that I could think of is that the EG Zymols have a knack for showing more of your paint issues. Thus if you have minor issues such as swirling, buffer holograms etc., the waxes may be showing them more. I do not think it has anything to do with wiping off of the excess wax after applying it. If the holograms are minor then I`d say to just leave them until you are ready to re-prep the car and start over.

Mobilejay
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I thought that as well the first time I saw it but no, If I wipe the mf the other way it goes away. I have crouched putting my body in many painful positions trying to see if they are still there and they werent. Also if I use a new clean mf they go away, as if I had not wiped it all off the first time. Like others have said, I believe it is me putting too much on and/or not waiting long enough before buffing.

stiffdogg06
09-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Stiffdogg, I don`t think I want to try that with this wax. After a minute it can be pretty hard to remove.

Kyny I might have to look into ordering that. Thanks

I just looked on their site, Field Glaze is a QD. I didn`t know what FG was. Anyway, I have Deep Detail which I love, and FK425. I use those but not too much luck, it comes off but not as easy as just QDing a car. I may have to try FG to see if it helps

I meant as in, wiping off it initially and then having the car "hardened" in the sun for 3-4 hours and wiped down a gain. I wish Picus was here to explain.:p

Mobilejay
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM
lol oh my bad.

jedovaty
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
I had used concourse on my car for a period of about 9 months (black). I didn`t have these hollogram like things you are seeing, however, I had marred my paint on some occasions because of the callouses on my hands. Using nitrile/latex gloves wasn`t as fun - maybe try that out. Also play with the amounts, and make sure your hands are really very warm and/or you rub them up well with the stuff. Use your palms, not fingertips.

The concourse is a nice wax, but boy did it take forever to apply. The beading was very cool.

One thing you might try (I know it doesn`t work on customer cars), spritz and buff off with distilled ice water a few hours after the application. Should work similar to the QD. Car will get a neat glimmer to it.

I stopped using it because, frankly, there were easier waxes to use (CMW being the latest) that looked just as good and worked as well for me. It *is* fun to use though, when you have the time :) :)