PDA

View Full Version : Rotart MIN rpm ?

Oni
09-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi im a long time lurker and i just got myself a rotary buffer. i wanted an orbital but after 2 weeks of looking i was unable to locate a store/ website that i could get one off for under $300 ( with postage i live in tasmania, AUS). Im guessing that the slowest speed you can effectivly use is a speed that still breaks down the polish, in general could someone recoment a good starting rpm that should beeak down most Maguires Polishes? ( again all i can get locally ). Thanks in advance i have a scrap car to practice on so it will all be fun and games :)

Thanks

Holden_C04
09-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Have a read through of this...

Machine Polishing by Rotary Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66024)

And get yourself some finishing pads (pads with zero cut - not polishing pads).

imported_themightytimmah
09-25-2008, 12:56 AM
1000 RPM is great for spreading, and working milder polishes that don`t require heat to break down.

1200-1300 RPM is a good speed to start with the heavier compounds, you`ll move up to 1500-1700 as your comfort level increases.

Ignition
09-25-2008, 04:32 AM
I find using the lowest 600 rpm with my makita quite often spreading the polish at first and on final stages working the polish.

Oni
09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. thanks holden ill be sure to read through that!. ive looked at all the guides here and picked up some tips. im always hazardous about trying tips from other sites as ive had bad advice before.Thanks for recomending it. Ill get some Polishing pads aswell thanks :)