PDA

View Full Version : Toyota paint and LSP...?

gav'spurplez
09-23-2008, 08:22 AM
My mom has a 2000 solara. its daily driven and is parked outside. It was purchased new from the dealer and that "protector" paint shield was applied. she was given a bottle of yellow "wax" specifically from the protector. this was to be applied every year 1-2 times.

i did it for the 1st couple years. i then discovered this site and all the products that are available.

OK, so here`s the issue, I notice that the durability is not there, no matter which product i use. I have used OCW, wolfgang, CMW and megs liquid # 26.

the car seems to hold up for about a month, beading....etc...

anyone have this problem with toyota paint ?? could it be due to the protector ??

qwertydude
09-23-2008, 08:31 AM
You need to apply a quality wax to a clean and polished surface for it to have some durability, but imo those waxes don`t have that much durability to start. Try the collinites if you want some really durable waxes.

jfelbab
09-23-2008, 08:33 AM
I`d ask when the last time this car had a full detail? Clay? Polish?

I find the key to longevity is a well prepped surface.

What is the environment the car is kept in? Garaged? Industrial pollution around Chicago is pretty bad especially near the power plants and O`Hare.

Setec Astronomy
09-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I`m presuming you`ve polished the car, haven`t you? If not, the absence of Autopian prep since 2000 would seem to be the missing link in your LSP longevity. I kinda doubt that dealer "protector" has been there at all for the last 5 years or more.

gav'spurplez
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
um, yeah, the car has been fully detailed before. twice a year.

CMW has worked well on my jeep which is parked outside and braves all the elements as well. Wolfgang on my camaro kicks butt, but she`s garaged !!

anyways,

I clayed and polished 2 months ago, and re-applied cmw after 2 weeks.

cmw is still beading and creating depth on my jeep after 3 months. we live in elgin, which is nw of the city ( 35 miles or so )

i have a new bottle of Klasse sg but dont like the application process.

eh.....