PDA

View Full Version : My Full Price List, Need Opinions

Pages : [1] 2

Irkie500
09-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Just want some opinions on what seems low or high. We are just starting out if that has anything to do with it. Thanks.

Basic Interior $15(Car) $25(SUV)

Vacuum

Clean Mats

Wipe Down Center Console/Dash

Windows Inside/Out

Basic Exterior $20(Car) $30(SUV)

Hand Wash

Wheel Well Cleaning

Clean Tires And Rims

Windows Inside/Out

Dress Tires

Full Detail $100(Small) $125(Medium) $150(Large)

Baisc Interior

Basic Exterior

Vinyl Protection

Carpet Cleaning

Cloth Seat Cleaning

Leather Cleaning/Conditioner

Clay Bar

Pre Wax Cleaner

Paint Sealant

Engine Detail +20(Small) +25(Medium) +30(Large)

Other Services

Paint Correction $40/Hr

Vinyl Protectant $15

Leather Conditioner $15

Carpet Shampoo $15

Cloth Seat Cleaning $10

Hand Wax $15 Upgrade To Sealant +$10

Clay Bar $20

Rim Wax $10

Engine Detail $20(Small) $25(Medium) $30(Large)

Boats $20/Ft

All SUVS +$10

imported_Jakerooni
09-22-2008, 03:17 PM
man did you just open a can of worms LOL. Pricing is soooo subjective and everyone on here gets different prices for what they do. A lot will tell you to skip on the set prices and just have an hourly rate. This works out great for mobile guys.

personally I think you`re prices are fair. especially since it sounds like you`re just getting into this as a business.

I will point out again as I did in another post.. I`ve personally have never heard of a "Full Detail" that didn`t include wax. I don`t know why people are trying to upchrage something that should obviously be already included in a service of that price. You can have top shelf wax that might get an upcharge but if someone pays for a detail fair expectations should be when they get the vehicle back and shell out upwards of a $150 there should at least be wax on the car.

At this rate pretty soon it`s going to be "Basic detail $150 - we wipe it off" $20 to wet it down another $15 to use soap.. Glass cleaner you say yea that`s another $50 and if you have to ask about wax my son you just can`t afford it LOL...

Irkie500
09-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Perhaps you misread the hand wax is replaced by a synthetic paint sealant which lasts longer.

imported_Jakerooni
09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Ahh I do see that in your list now... So you give them the more expensive option as a gimme and then charge a little extra if they want to downgrade to simple wax? Just trying to get a handle on it.

Irkie500
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
If we go the hourly way I would say about $40/hr, however im not sure what is high or low. A clean car might take us only 2 hours thus making $80 or $40 a piece. While a dirty car could take 6 hours netting us $240. Its tough what will be more effective.

Irkie500
09-22-2008, 03:27 PM
the items in the Other Services list is for people who just got their car washed and want a wax. I might add an upgrade option on the standard had wax to go the the sealant for another $10 or so, but as far as the details got sealant is standard.

Irkie500
09-22-2008, 03:28 PM
ok added the sealant upgrade in the list perhaps that clears up some confusion?

imported_Jakerooni
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
My first impression about going hourly.. And I`m sure others will chime in on this is that you had better be worth the asking price. I couldn`t tell you if that`s high or not. It`s all subjective to your location and clientle. I`d say try it. If you get some bites and people pay the price and love your service you know you`re doing good. If people stare at you funny or you don`t live up to expectations (and honestly at $40/hr you`re really talking pro level with lots of years under the belt of experience) you know you can come down in price until you get your skills up there. Remember a "Professional level Detailer" dosen`t need to ask questions anymore. They can handle what ever comes into them and know exaclty what their products can and will do. I had a guy who thought he was a pro detailer but every single step he`d always have to ask how to handle this or what does that product do.. That`s an apprentice still. make sure you charge according to the skill level you`re at. Because if you overcharge it will be very apparent and you`ll end up getting a very bad reputation for it.

Irkie500
09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the advice, its nice to have so many people who have gotten started and are successfull. I have been detail for just over a year now so I suppose $40 is a bit high considering. Ill go for $30 and hour and see how well that works out. Once again thanks for the help.

Garry Dean
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I have gone to package pricing as opposed to hourly because I find that my customers appreciate being able to see the work listed in front of them for a certain price. It is a pain when they do not have one of my fliers in front of them or have immediate internet access to look at my website, but I close almost every call I get. I suggest tryng different things until you get established and see what works best for you and your location.

Irkie500
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
ok cool thanks

jfelbab
09-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Do you really want a customer to purchase only a "Basic Interior" and a "Basic Exterior" package? Do you want jobs that small ($35)? I believe your prices are too low to make any money or attract the higher caliber of customers and vehicles. With your low cost approach you wind up with everyones junkers and they are much more difficult to detail. Be selective with both the vehicles you accept and the clients you want. Practice good CRM and make sure you keep the good clients and make them your best advertising.

I`d suggest not piece parting your services but bundling them in packages. Put together a simple list of maybe three to four packages. Don`t get too technical as most clients aren`t usually into detailing like we are.

jordanrossbell
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Do you really want a customer to purchase only a "Basic Interior" and a "Basic Exterior" package? Do you want jobs that small ($35)? I believe your prices are too low to make any money or attract the higher caliber of customers and vehicles. With your low cost approach you wind up with everyones junkers and they are much more difficult to detail. Be selective with both the vehicles you accept and the clients you want. Practice good CRM and make sure you keep the good clients and make them your best advertising.

I`d suggest not piece parting your services but bundling them in packages. Put together a simple list of maybe three to four packages. Don`t get too technical as most clients aren`t usually into detailing like we are.

I agree with jfelbab, with that comes the occasional, and more likely frequent soccer van that is completely trashed that will take you at least 4 hours to meet your standards, then you wouldnt be even making 10 an hour....you are better off upping the smaller packages and keeping your bigger packages competetive..it will save you money and time in the long run, i promise. Plus i always like to see vehicles before i quote a firm price...this way the owner knows what to expect and so do you

JohnKleven
09-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I recommend changing the SUV price a little higher than adding $10. These prices seem fair for a mobile business. Start building up some clientele, do good business and soon you`ll have a successfull business.

John

Scottwax
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Not sure what the economic conditions are in your area, but your prices seem a bit low regardless. In addition, you should list your prices as "starting at..." otherwise you are going to get some really trashed vehicles that you are spending a lot more time on than the nicer ones for the same price.

I made the mistake starting out trying to have the lowest prices. Really bad move. Even though I was new to detailing professionally, I was still putting out better work than people charging more. I even had customers telling me I needed to raise my prices to attract a more upscale clients. Don`t be afraid of being near the top of the pricing structure in your area and don`t be afraid of making top dollar for your work.

I do think your boat pricing is good, but you might want to also add "$25-30 per foot for heavily oxidized boats".