PDA

View Full Version : This region is dead.

JohnKleven
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
For some reason, the economy in Washington state is pretty decent. The detailers up here are staying very busy, but nobody has anything to talk about. Why is the NW thread dead?

John

imported_Jakerooni
09-22-2008, 02:30 PM
They`re all to busy working?? LOL. Same boat over here though. No one around me to chat up with about local events and detailing stratagies or anything. It`s one thing talking to a bunch of other guys over the internet and another having someone in the same area to converse with... Not to mention I`m already getting very sparatic for work. It would be interesting to see how others in my area are faring..

charlesaferg
09-22-2008, 09:38 PM
I`m quite busy, but I post up in the main sections.

Goin` global, baby.

:woot2:

Big thing in Oregon is restoring cars, not even really old ones, instead of buying new hybrids. People finally figured out that`s it`s the most environmentally friendly to restore and use a used car than buy a new prius and have it shipped here on a friggin chinese polluto-tanker.

RDAVEX7
09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Good high end detailers, bad one`s and even the scratch and shines did well this year. It will slow up in late october through march like it always does.

I guess the NW just isnt cool lol.

yamanb03
09-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Are you guys seeing a lot of demand towards the beginning of fall? I would think a lot of people want to protect their cars through the fall/winter and would be flocking to local detailers. On the other hand, people are watching their wallets more closely so maybe detailing is low on their priority list... Either way, it`s nice to hear detailers had a good year. One of the few industries that did.

JohnKleven
09-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I see a lot of people wanting to protect their cars before winter. A lot of the exotics won`t be pulled out of the garage for another 6 months now.

John

charlesaferg
10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Find them, they are there - I never, ever have trouble finding clients regardless of what they`re driving(or keeping garaged). Many people hold off with finding a detailing until one finds them and really eases their fears, but that`s only if you are competent.

Bradleys
10-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Find them, they are there - I never, ever have trouble finding clients regardless of what they`re driving(or keeping garaged). Many people hold off with finding a detailing until one finds them and really eases their fears, but that`s only if you are competent.

Very true. Many detail shops and detailers are "fly-by-night" and established ones with pictures and a history coupled with word of mouth really make things much easier. Glad to hear things are going well down in OR!

The sun is out up here for a while so we should see some people getting re-interested for a detail!! :up

charlesaferg
10-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Very true. Many detail shops and detailers are "fly-by-night" and established ones with pictures and a history coupled with word of mouth really make things much easier. Glad to hear things are going well down in OR!

The sun is out up here for a while so we should see some people getting re-interested for a detail!! :up

I just put some Klasse on my 5, and I`m actually wondering when it will rain - I want to see it bead while I`m driving.

Typical Oregonian, I know...

I mean, what`s the use of waxing it if you can`t see beading in action!

I mean, the shine is only half the fun. :buffing:

RDAVEX7
10-18-2008, 07:35 PM
No rain here in a while so when we got a quick shower the other night I ran out side and watched the car bead where I have different lsp`s on different area`s. I love watching my glass bead when driving.

A garden hose is ok but I like the real thing lol. When I lived in Oregon and the west side of WA I hated rain but now I hate snow!