PDA

View Full Version : Finishing Polish

tennisjon2002
09-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I have a PC with Orange, white and black pads and SSR2 polish. I will be mostly polishing soft honda paint. Would I need a finishing polish? and what would you recommend?

imported_beachwolverine
09-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Lots of different opinions and a lot depends on the amount of time you want to spend.

There is a good discussion at:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/111464-difference-between-compounding-polishing-finishing-burnishing-jeweling.html

Or search on "jeweling

Accumulator
09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Noting that I don`t know from SSR2, I always find very mild finishing/burnishing/jeweling polishes worth the extra step. Often, you won`t appreciate the difference until you try it and see the results for yourself.

tennisjon2002
09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Noting that I don`t know from SSR2, I always find very mild finishing/burnishing/jeweling polishes worth the extra step. Often, you won`t appreciate the difference until you try it and see the results for yourself.

What are some of the most popular of these polishes? I would be looking for something easy to use and not to expensive. Also if I am doing KSG would I still need to apply KAIO before the SG if I use a finishing polish?

Accumulator
09-23-2008, 12:27 PM
What are some of the most popular of these polishes? I would be looking for something easy to use and not to expensive. Also if I am doing KSG would I still need to apply KAIO before the SG if I use a finishing polish?

I dunno about their prices, but I`d look into 1Z High Gloss and the milder Menzerna FPII.

I always use KAIO before KSG, but that`s just me.