PDA

View Full Version : gas in seats

Lovetap
09-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Hello,

I spilled some gas on the leather seats of my sebring and the smell lingers ....any suggestions on removal of the smell

tubafeak
09-15-2005, 07:31 AM
If it`s a convertible then you can park it with the to down, if not then you should give the seats a deep cleaning with the leather cleaner of your choice until the smell is heavily diminished and then a good conditioning. It`s more than likely that the gasoline has dissolved the oils in your leather and you`ll need to replenish those.

05SilverTRD
09-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Gas is a very powerful smell. I agree with tubafeak, givem them a good deep cleaning and make sure to condition them afterwards. Hopefully that will take car of it.

chml17l
09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Since gasoline is a hydrocarbon based solvent, you need something with a similar solvent base to remove it. I would suggest trying something like an orange degreaser. Whichever product you get, make sure it contains actual orange oil, d-limonene, and the other citrus oil extracts. Home Depot carries a product called Nature`s Orange which would fit these requirements.

You will probably have to use it at full strength (don`t dilute w/ water) multiple times and maybe follow with a white vinegar rinse and then a good interior shampoo/cleaner followed by more pure water rinses.

Good Luck!

chml17l
09-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Another good orange degreaser to try would be the P21S Total Auto Wash.