PDA

View Full Version : How do I know how sever m swirls are and which one of these should i use

Joey1558
09-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I THINK i have heavy swirl damage on my car...it came to me like this when i bought it...and i need to know if the swirls are heavy or just medium

either way which one of these pakages do you recommend...

Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO 83

Menzerna Intensive Polish PO 91E

Menzerna Micro Polish PO 87MC

3.or any of these

Pinnacle XMT Heavy Duty Swirl Remover #4 Polishing Compound

Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover #3

Pinnacle XMT Fine Swirl Remover #2

Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1

which one of these sets is the best...or can anyone pls recommend any other products, or should i use a combination of these products...

thanks for your help, i new to this and i just want to buy the right product to remove the swirls on my car...

o and if you need to know i have a White 2001 VW Jetta, which i hear has hard paint

Joey1558
09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
really would like an opinion on this

imported_Jakerooni
09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I don`t think anyone can really give you a solid answer without good pics. I have no idea if what you have is medium or heavy or maybe even just light swirling. What you`re idea of heavy swirls might not be mine or anyone elses idea. I will say I have used the XMT products with good results. Never used any of the others ones though.

Get some pics up and I`m sure you`ll get more replies on this.

Joel_MD
09-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I am unfamiliar with the Pinnacle products. For Menzerna, SIP and IP have the same cut but SIP is designed for the hard German clear coats. If you have medium swirls and scratches, SIP with a rotary will probably do a respectable job. If that doesn`t work, try Meguiar`s 105 paired with Lake Country purple foamed wool. For the second step on a white car with a hard clear coat, Menzerna Nano polish (PO106FF or the newer PO106FA) will finish down very well on hard clear coats.

On my wife`s white BMW I used Meguiar`s #105 on a 6.5" pfw pad with a rotary. Then I finished using Menzerna PO106FF on a white pad with the rotary. On a black car the PO106FF may not be fine enough, but on a white car it finishes very well.