PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get fed up with offering advice on other forums?

NCZ13
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
When ever a topic comes up on a car forum im on that has to do with car care, i do my best to offer advice from my own experiences and knowledge.

I try to stop the spread of misinformation, by providing facts, tips, and techniques that we all share here. Its just general stuff like where swirls come from, how you can prevent them, etc etc.

some people accept it, others are prefer to just go and hose their car down and dry it with a bath towel. then come back and say swirls? i see no swirls.

Thoughts? similar experiences?

Scottwax
09-19-2008, 05:47 PM
No problems on the other boards I go to, especially offtopic.com since I mod the detailing forum there. ;)

I hear what you are saying though, I see a ton of misinformation all over the internet.

Holden_C04
09-19-2008, 05:49 PM
No problems, here. I think once you build up your reputation, they will come to you for advice.

I know what you are saying about the misinformation, but I think it is quickly evaporating. Autopia and other detailing boards are definitely raising the bar.

dublifecrisis
09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Accumulator handles the vortex site pretty well : )

NCZ13
09-19-2008, 05:55 PM
i guess because we all take paint correction so seriously, and put alot of time and effort into our cars and jobs, then someone comes along and says "wow check out this miracle wax that is better than the Autozone meguairs wax ive been using and it removed my swirls!!!"

and im just like uhhh

no.