PDA

View Full Version : Spray bottles!

imported_jar2187
09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
I am using Poorboys APC diluted, in different spray bottles and all of them seem to stop spraying after sometime.. So i switch the sprayer and its fine for a few weeks and then stops spraying.. It looks like there is foam in the spray head itself.. i have tried cleaning it out and it just comes back.. Any ideas on how to keep these things working?

BigAl3
09-19-2008, 10:11 AM
try the grey chemical resistant spray head and/or after each use, take the spray head out and spray out anything that`s leftover inside the spray tube and re-insert it back into the bottle...

imported_Jakerooni
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Anything with acid or silicones will eat up sprayers like crazy. You can soak them overnight in a bucket of water. Sometimes that brings them back for a little bit. But spray nozzles are cheap (or at least you should be buying them cheap) so you have to replace them often. My nozzles are anywhere from $1-$2/ea I`ve tried out the high end nozzles cost upwards of $10/ea to get the exact same results.. There`s not a spray nozzel on the market that won`t break down regardless if they claim it or not.. Just buy them cheap and replace as needed.

Eliot Ness
09-19-2008, 10:27 AM
try the grey chemical resistant spray head and/or after each use, take the spray head out and spray out anything that`s leftover inside the spray tube and re-insert it back into the bottle...+1 on the grey. I like to also spray some plain water through them when finished (if it`s something that eats up spray heads), it seems to help.
Anything with acid or silicones will eat up sprayers like crazy............Just buy them cheap and replace as needed. A.D.S. has a pretty good selection of sprayers, bottles, pumps, etc.:

Meguiars Auto Detailing Trigger Sprayers (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar%27s%20Detailer%20Sprayers.htm)

I`m sure you`ll find some other goodies over there to order too.

imported_Jakerooni
09-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Right in my price range :D Have to check my stock and see what needs replaced. Thanks for the link

cjbigcog
09-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I have had good luck with these:

Spray Heads Only for Chemical Resistant VitonĂ‚® Spray Bottles - US Plastic Corporation (http://tinyurl.com/53t8bp)

As previous posts mentioned, flushing the nozzle out helps alot. I use soapy water to clean out the product.