PDA

View Full Version : Why is Collonite 845 so hard to remove completely?

imported_RedlineIRL
09-18-2008, 09:16 PM
The other day I applied two layers of Polycharged Collonite 845 after polishing. With the Polycharged added it looked great, shined great, and removed very easy compared to using 845 alone which takes forever to start to dry. Anyways I applied thinner layers than I did the first time I used 845 and let each layer sit for an hour before wiping it off. Once I was completely done and pulled out of the garage there was maybe an hour or two of daylight left. I checked it over and made sure no residue was left, it looked good and I didn`t see anything. An hour later, still looking good no wax residue.

Now today my car has sat outside most of the day, and I noticed that there`s still a slight bit of residue everwhere. It wipes off with no problem and I know it`ll come off at the next wash, but why is this stuff so hard to get off completelty after it is applied?

imported_Picus
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
I`ve noticed the same thing, doesn`t really matter how long you let it dry, sometimes the reside just happens. I notice it more once the car gets a bit dusty. I don`t really have an answer for you, I just wait to wash the car and it`s gone. A non-oily qd will remove it too. The same thing happens with a few of the "oily" waxes I have. I am sure someone will mention we may be applying it too thick or not letting it dry, but I don`t think that`s the case.

Setec Astronomy
09-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Must be something with the VOC version, I`ve never had that with the old stuff.

Bigpikle
09-19-2008, 01:53 AM
I have what I think is the VOC version (2nd hand bottle) and have never had any issues removing it or with residues :confused:

Maybe humidity, temperature etc comes into it? I`ve used it in full sun on hot panels and fairly mild conditions so far and not seen what you descibe. In fact it is rapidly becoming my preferred wax for general use, partly because of ease of use as well as its look and longevity ;)