PDA

View Full Version : Werkstat Prime: Strong

imported_starvekos
09-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Has anyone used this product and on what surfaces?

The only time I ever hear of Prime Strong being mentioned, it`s in reference to mag wheel cleaning, cleaning door shuts and on the rare occasion used as a glass polish/cleaner.

Can I replace Prime: Carnauba or Prime: Acrylic with Prime: Strong for cleaning weathered paint? Will there be bonding problems when I follow up with Acrylic/Carnauba Jett Trigger?

Thanks.

Bert
09-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Has anyone used this product and on what surfaces?

The only time I ever hear of Prime Strong being mentioned, it`s in reference to mag wheel cleaning, cleaning door shuts and on the rare occasion used as a glass polish/cleaner.

Can I replace Prime: Carnauba or Prime: Acrylic with Prime: Strong for cleaning weathered paint? Will there be bonding problems when I follow up with Acrylic/Carnauba Jett Trigger?

Thanks.

Prime Strong can be used just like Prime, to clean and prep the surface of the paint before putting down Carnauba Jett, Acrylic Jett or Acrylic Jett Turbo for outstanding bonding.

imported_smprince1
09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Prime Strong followed by AJT is an excellent combo.

Bigpikle
09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
it is mildly abrasive, with a very short work time, so can be used to provide a higher level of surface prep than the standard versions...

TN9thSi
09-17-2008, 06:32 PM
I just did my silver car today with Prime Strong and AJT and it turned out great. Prime Strong did seem to dust a little more than the original formula, but maybe it was my imagination? I polished with OP, Prime Strong, AJT x3. Tomorrow I will add a layer of OS then figure out which carnauba to top it with for the winter. Strong worked very well for me. Still easy to buff off, but seemed to have shorter working time.

imported_starvekos
09-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

I have three versions of Prime (Strong, Carnauba, Acrylic), sounds like they will all work with either versions of Trigger (Carnauba and Acrylic).

Bert
09-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

I have three versions of Prime (Strong, Carnauba, Acrylic), sounds like they will all work with either versions of Trigger (Carnauba and Acrylic).

Prime Strong and Prime Acrylic will work fine under Carnauba Jett, Acrylic Jett or Acrylic Jett Trigger. If you are using Prime Carnauba, I would not put Acrylic Jett or Acrylic Jett Trigger on top of it. AJ and AJ Trigger are Sealants and generally sealants have trouble bonding to carnaubas and Prime Carnauba obviously has Carnauba. However, a carnauba will be fine on top of a sealant, that is way Carnauba Jett is fine on top of Prime Strong or Prime Acrylic.