PDA

View Full Version : noob help!

is250rida
09-17-2008, 01:31 AM
I`m pretty new at this and I`ve been reading as much as I can on this forum. From what I`ve read is that a lot of people like the pc 7424 or the makita.

Since I`m still a beginner should I get the pc 7424? I`ve heard it`s very user friendly and great for beginners. Or should I just jump straight into a makita?

Also I have some swirl marks on my car and I`m trying to see what other products are out there and I want to get what everyone`s opinion on what would be the best to get them out and what combination as far as product and polisher. They`re pretty light swirl marks so i don`t think i will need anything very aggressive.

thanks!

Joel_MD
09-17-2008, 02:38 AM
I would suggest a PC 7424 for someone new to polishing. However, if you have a car with notoriously hard paint (like my wife`s Alpine White `06 BMW) a PC can be frustrating. On very hard paint I will use the Makita exclusively for polishing, then use the PC for applying sealant and wax. In my opinion you need both the PC and a rotary, unless the cars you detail all have soft paint.

is250rida
09-17-2008, 08:03 AM
I would suggest a PC 7424 for someone new to polishing. However, if you have a car with notoriously hard paint (like my wife`s Alpine White `06 BMW) a PC can be frustrating. On very hard paint I will use the Makita exclusively for polishing, then use the PC for applying sealant and wax. In my opinion you need both the PC and a rotary, unless the cars you detail all have soft paint.

I have a 2008 lexus is250... it`s a three stage paint (base, mid, clear) is that considered hard?

imported_paradigm
09-17-2008, 09:02 AM
welcome, is250rida!

my IS has medium to medium-hard clear...but still fine for correction via PC. what color is your car?

excellent choice in vehicles, by the way. ;)

imported_sal329
09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
PC or if money doesn`t matter a flex, 5.5" and 4" pads in a variety of colors, there are so many different polishes to choose from, do some searching on them, I like Prima Swirl