PDA

View Full Version : Topper for blackfire?

sweetlou
09-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I have been using the blackfire all finish paint protection on my paint (only sealant/wax ive used). I usually apply one layer and it lasts a few months (not even the polycharged version). I like the slickness and look but don`t really have anything to compare to. I was looking at toppers because the blackfire needs 24hrs or so to cure or add another coat. I know midnight sun is an option, but its a bit expensive, and i don`t know that its worth it. (never applied paste wax, let alone an expensive one). Is there something else people have tried and worked, i was looking at collonite 476, p21s, or using something like poli-seal before the bf for more protection.

Kind of relating to this, but i was also wondering about product compatibility. Products such as Zaino where you need z2, or z5, zfx, z7 and z6 for the system to be effective. I guess my question might be do products always work better in conjunction with other products from that company. I have the blackfire wash, but dont really like it, and its expensive, but they claim it refreshes the same polymers in the sealant, and same with their qd. Is this marketing or what? I would like to try the duragloss line including 901, 105, 601, and some of the qds but again, dont want to buy all that stuff when i have stuff already. I imagine that the midnight sun works best over the bf sealant, rather than some other product, but is it worth the extra $ rather than putting a different product that some say is better and mix products as such. would there be any problem with dg901, bf paint protection, topped with p21s , collonite 476, or megs 26 and some qd. Might i run into compatibility issues, or i might use dg105 after a polish and follow with one of the nubas.

Cleaning Fool
09-16-2008, 07:54 PM
You can top Blackfire with any carnuaba, theres alot of them, you just need to decide which one.

sweetlou
09-16-2008, 08:07 PM
i was just curious about the collonite having a high solvent content wich might negate using the blackfire. It seems as if i just use collonite it will be by itself or maybe after a poliseal type thing or megs 80, because its durable and can be layered quickly. p21s or megs 26 though i might use after the blackfire for added protection or poli seal as well depending on the car.(not buying into the whole expensive lsp=better results). Just curious as to if this combining of products is as effective as say using the midnight sun over the afpp. Im probably just over analyzing but its bugging me nevertheless..

Cleaning Fool
09-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I would probobly opt for something other than collonite over the sealant. Nattys Blue is cheap, might be worth a try.