PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Z-CS and Optimum Poliseal?

VroooomCrash
09-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Zaino claims you can use Z-CS over a carnauba.

Optimum claims if you use OPS over a carnauba, it will dissolve the carnauba and push the carnauba to the top?

Is it a solvent issue or a snake oil issue, or ???

bwalker25
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Z-CS is a WOWA (wipe on walk away) paint sealant.

poliseal is an AIO polish that is a great product for those single step details. The reason you can`t apply Poliseal over a `nuba is poliseal has abrasives in it, poliseal however does have/offer some protection.

that answer it? :) hope I helped

edit: you can apply Z-CS over poliseal, i think.....

Eliot Ness
09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Do you really mean Optimum Poliseal or their Opti-Seal? The OS is a WOWA sealer like Z-CS where the Poliseal is an AIO of sorts as mentioned above.

If you are talking about OS then it is very similar to Z-CS, but I like the looks of OS better than the early version of Z-CS I have.

Scottwax
09-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Optimum claims if you use OPS over a carnauba, it will dissolve the carnauba and push the carnauba to the top?

Is it a solvent issue or a snake oil issue, or ???

Optimum Opti-Seal (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumseal.html)

Optimum does not claim that. I believe it was Anthony Orosco who made that claim and I have no idea what he based it on.

Both Z-SC and OS work great over carnaubas, but OS has a wetter look.

VroooomCrash
09-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Now that I think of it, it was probably Anthony that posted the information I read, which didn`t make sense to me. They seemed like similar products so it was weird to have one hailed as a topper while another being hailed as a base which would make anything else magically disappear and reformulate on the surface...