PDA

View Full Version : I got a bunch of product - now what?

superduty
09-15-2008, 10:20 PM
So I spent a bunch of money on detailing products. With all the different reviews and comments on here and the umpteen hours of reading I did, it was hard to make a decision - so I think I bought some redundant items (I guess I will have to see what I like best). Anyhow, here is a list of stuff I bought.

Flex DA and a bunch of pads

MF towels, etc.

Clay

Wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

Collinite 476s

JW Acrylic Jett Trigger

JW Carnauba Jett

Even after reading dozens, if not hundreds of threads over here, I am still a little confused on the order of application, and what if anything needs to be done in between applications. I think I read somewhere that you should wash the car with 50/50 alcohol/water after you polish? Any other things I need to be aware of?

Here is the order I think I should do:

Wash

Clay

Wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0 (with Flex)

alcohol/water???

Klasse AIO (with flex)

Klasse SG

Now after the SG, I am not sure which product to use next? And if I use all three of these products or just 2 of the 3?

Collinite 476s

JW Acrylic Jett Trigger

JW Carnauba Jett

TIA for your guidance.

steelwind101
09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Hello,

No need for the alcohol wipe down, AIO is a chemical cleaner and will do the same job for you.

The Werkstatt Acrylic is very similar to SG and i dont think the 476s will really add much to the looks or protection of SG. IM not sure what the werkstatt nuba will do, probably just inhibit any further layers of SG so i would just stop at a couple of coats of SG and use the Acrylic Werkstatt to boost protection over winter.

Geoff

Wasatch
09-16-2008, 07:37 AM
What you also can do after the SG. And I would do it at least a month after, just so I can put something else down on the vehicle and see a difference in look. Wash the vehicle and put the Colinite on. The JW Carnauba Jett could be used as a booster every 3 weeks or so, or after the wash put the Carnauba Jett on.

superduty
09-16-2008, 11:06 AM
I think i might use the collinite on my truck (it is a crew cab F350 so b/c of its size I tend to wash it less often). From what I have read the collinite gives a long term protection.

I will probably use the JW products on my wife`s car.