PDA

View Full Version : Best product to use to maintain new leather

lakbum
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi.

I just recently purchased a 2008 Range Rover Sport. The leather is really nice, much nicer then what I had in the Infiniti. I would like to keep the leather in the best condition that I can. I am already slightly seeing a slight crease with the way I get out of the car, so I plan on buying some leather conditioner and cleaner. I think the Range Rover manual recommends Connelly products. However, I`ve been doing some research and I seem to be running into disputes on which one is the best...

I have read great things about Leatherique and I`m probably going to go that route. My leather right now is in pretty good condition.

What would you recommend? Connelly or Leatherique? Or something else?

TIA

judyb
09-16-2008, 12:04 AM
`Conditioning` leather particularly on finished auto leather is unnecessary and could add to problems rather than help.

As your leather is new the key to keeping it looking good is to keep it clean. Using water based products also helps to keep the leather rehydrated (the only conditioning it needs).

The best thing to do is use a tested water based leather protector at the start whihc will act like a scotchgard and also make cleaning much easier. The use a miantenance product (cleaner and protector in one) to keep your leather clean. If you do these two simpe steps then your leather will look and feel good for a long time.

Creasing is natural in leather and follows the folds where you get in and out and no amount of `conditioning` will remove these or stop them from appearing.

Cleaning & Protecting your leather if done from new should only take about 30 minutes if the right products are used and require no extra heat or dwell time. Little and often is the key.

Hope this helps

hey_i'm_new
09-16-2008, 04:13 AM
`Conditioning` leather particularly on finished auto leather is unnecessary and could add to problems rather than help.

As your leather is new the key to keeping it looking good is to keep it clean. Using water based products also helps to keep the leather rehydrated (the only conditioning it needs).

The best thing to do is use a tested water based leather protector at the start whihc will act like a scotchgard and also make cleaning much easier. The use a miantenance product (cleaner and protector in one) to keep your leather clean. If you do these two simpe steps then your leather will look and feel good for a long time.

Creasing is natural in leather and follows the folds where you get in and out and no amount of `conditioning` will remove these or stop them from appearing.

Cleaning & Protecting your leather if done from new should only take about 30 minutes if the right products are used and require no extra heat or dwell time. Little and often is the key.

Hope this helps

from what i understand, most automotive leather is "finished" leather... when you state -add to problems rather than help- can you elaborate? thanks, i appreciate it.