PDA

View Full Version : Help with this Menzerna Product list?

Detail Warrior
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I was about to purchase some merzerna products for my black g35. Does this list sound right?

Menzerna SIP w/orange pad

Menzerna P0106FA nano w/ white pad

Menzerna Final Polish II w/blue pad

does that sound right or good with a nissan/infiniti clear coat?

I get mixed up if i should go with the IP instead of SIP or PO106FF instead of the PO106FA.

Is the Final polish II needed or will the PO106FA be good enough?

Thanks guys. Feel free to criticize anything you would like.

simracer
09-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I see no one has responded yet.

SIP w/orange will be good if you have some serious defects.

If you just have swirling you can probably get away with just PO106FA w/ white.

If the Infiniti is extremely soft, there`s a chance that you could need PO85rd with a blue if the swirls won`t polish all the way out and achieve the highest gloss.

But according to the Menzerna chart, they list PO106FA as a 5 out of 5 on their gloss scale.

charlesaferg
09-18-2008, 12:52 AM
-Use a purple foamed wool pad with the SIP if you`re following up with 106 or even if you went back with SIP on white then 106 on green.

-No need for FP2,

-Only use po85rd if you`re using a rotary, otherwise you won`t see the proper effects.

Also, I like 106FF better than 106FA.

I see no one has responded yet.

SIP w/orange will be good if you have some serious defects.

If you just have swirling you can probably get away with just PO106FA w/ white.

If the Infiniti is extremely soft, there`s a chance that you could need PO85rd with a blue if the swirls won`t polish all the way out and achieve the highest gloss.

But according to the Menzerna chart, they list PO106FA as a 5 out of 5 on their gloss scale.

I never use blue for even burnishing, always ccs green - or even ccs black on occasion.

I don`t find 106FA on white to give the desired burnishing effect, the pad seems to have too heavy of a consistency for such a mild polish. Too much pressure on the surface IMO, but that`s just how I like burnishing. Besides, I like FF better, but using white you will not see a difference.

Lastly, yea - infinity paint is extremely soft. Expect holograms, this is why I recommend ccs green pads as well.