PDA

View Full Version : Giving HOEN Credit, Where Credit Is Due

Saintlysins
09-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Let me start first with this is NOT spam. This is just a MORE than satisfied customer who was treated more than fairly by HOEN. I’m sure some of you modify your rides and might appreciate this story. I dislike the yellow side-marker lights on the front of American cars & trucks. Having lived in a few countries, I grew fond of the clear side-marker lights every other country has. For my high-end rides, I always get the Euro side-marker lenses (clear). However, for the newest sled yet, I noticed the lenses were clearer than usual and the yellow bulbs stood out way too much for what I consider acceptable (yes; I have perfectionist issues :help:). So in a quest for the ‘clear or mirror’ bulbs that would flash yellow in use I had many options, but choose HOEN.

Placed the order and they showed up within 3 days from California on Ground-Shipping. That was impressive, means they got the order and shipped same-day. Plugged them in and they look exactly the way I wanted them too, but, one fried within 11 seconds. :furious: Did a little research to find some people carry spares just for such instances as they blow all the time. Got nervous (as Jersey has road-blocks for surprise inspections and heavy fines/ticketing for anything not up to par :nono) so I contacted HOEN via their e-mail system (no phone # did make me nervous) explaining one bulb fried and I wanted to order a few extras as per my research. Within 20 minutes I got a return e-mail from Gary at HOEN. He stated my scenario was extraordinarily rare and he’d replace the bulb immediately. He suggested I NOT buy extra bulbs as HOEN BULBS do last and stood behind his bulbs and their quality. When does an accessories company NOT want to sell extra product? :confused::think::nixweiss So I took his advice and they only shipped a replacement, free of course. Again, within 3 days it was on my doorstep. I can’t think of a company who got the order out immediately, and talked me out of spending more money for extras only I thought I needed. Thank you to Gary, your team and HOEN-USA! :goodjob

Again, this is NOT SPAM, only an acknowledgement of great service from a specialty supplier of a unique and awesome product. And they look great!

gmblack3
09-12-2008, 02:34 PM
wrong section, should be car and driver.

Holden_C04
09-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Formatting is a little off, too. I can`t read this, honestly. The text should be smaller and should spaced into paragraphs to make it easier to digest.

Saintlysins
09-13-2008, 08:18 AM
You`re right about the text size ... and I appologize. I must have clicked the wrong size when posting. This is a new laptop with a large, high-def screen and I haven`t configured it completely. Everything looks so tiny on this thing. :shocked It may not be the right replacement for me. No excuse for bad formating - I should have checked the post before signing off. I fixed the type face and now I`m going to throw myself down a flight of stairs in embarrasment.