PDA

View Full Version : Getting clients from the high end dealerships

MCWD
09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Wondering if any of you have figured out a way to gather new customers from your local high end dealers. I have Porsche, MB, BMW, Audi, Caddy, Lexus and other dealers within my area and I am trying to see what I can do to get the people right from the dealers... Any suggestions? I know that the MB dealer has their own detail shop, but if I get the customers for their washes, I will get them for details! Hopefully you guys have figured out a way or have suggestions! :grinno:

Jean-Claude
09-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I`m not sure as I have not tried to get business from a dealership. But, maybe, if you can get in good with the guys running around parking the customers cars they could help you out. Try to speak with service advisers?

I wouldn`t try it myself. But offer a "kick-back" from sending clients your way.

MCWD
09-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I`m not sure as I have not tried to get business from a dealership. But, maybe, if you can get in good with the guys running around parking the customers cars they could help you out. Try to speak with service advisers?

I wouldn`t try it myself. But offer a "kick-back" from sending clients your way.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will have to investigate that further.:dance

imported_d00t
09-15-2008, 10:39 PM

As once being the kid who ran around parking the cars (called porter or lot attendant), don`t waste you`re time trying to get in good with them. Just go straight to the service manager. He`s the one to make all the decisions, the porters are like the baristas at starbucks, you can suggest a new way of doing things at starbucks to them, but lets be honest,it won`t go anywhere ;). (I used to be one of those too!)

Moral of the story: To get an account with a dealership, you have to talk directly to the service manager.

JohnKleven
09-15-2008, 10:48 PM
It`s actually really easy. You just have to ask. Let them know that you will take pride in their referrals, and make sure their customers are very happy with the work they will receive. A lot of dealerships don`t like referring businesses because they`re afraid of giving a bad referral.

John

Scottwax
09-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Use the internet. Most of us detailers are also car guys and post on other boards besides Autopia. As long as you don`t violate forum rules, you ought to at least let others know what you do for a living. Posting some of your work in that board`s detailing section (again, it may depend on forum rules but if you aren`t blatantly spamming your website you should be okay) and word gets out. It may take a little while but word does get out.

I get a lot of business from BMW and Porsche forums I have never visited because either people who know me from other boards post my website in threads asking about local detailers or from current customers who also post there. I`ve done several new cars lately that were referrals from automotive message boards I have never been to. They decided to forgo the dealer prep and instead have me do the work.

Use the internet. It is a great tool to help build your business. :)

MCWD
09-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Use the internet. Most of us detailers are also car guys and post on other boards besides Autopia. As long as you don`t violate forum rules, you ought to at least let others know what you do for a living. Posting some of your work in that board`s detailing section (again, it may depend on forum rules but if you aren`t blatantly spamming your website you should be okay) and word gets out. It may take a little while but word does get out.

I get a lot of business from BMW and Porsche forums I have never visited because either people who know me from other boards post my website in threads asking about local detailers or from current customers who also post there. I`ve done several new cars lately that were referrals from automotive message boards I have never been to. They decided to forgo the dealer prep and instead have me do the work.

Use the internet. It is a great tool to help build your business. :)

Many thanks scott! I appreciate the solid advice. Glad to hear that you are staying busy with new cars...

-Jason-:2thumbs:

Crossed Flags
09-19-2008, 06:15 AM
I have been kept busy over the past year from high end customers and more importantly their referrals. It seems there are several high end referrals from just one customer. I targeted a foreign car repair facility, proved myself on the owners car and have been busy ever since. Best part is the repair facility doesn`t want a cut of my business. Also the local body shops have been keeping me busy. their guys don`t mind correcting a fender but they don`t want to put the time into correcting the entire car.