PDA

View Full Version : Water spots on windows!

MCWD
09-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I did a 2007 Mercedes s550 today that sits at the shore all summer in the hot sun and gets hit by sprinklers everyday. Long story short there were water spots everywhere. I gave the car about 5 acid washes, clayed out the butt, compounded, polished, waxed... The windows still have faint water spots on them! I have dp glass polish, but does anyone have any ideas? I didnt have the ability to get a shot of this, but I will next time I clean it. :sadpace:

widyhs
09-11-2008, 04:41 PM
What polish did you use to hit at the paint? MB has ceramiclear which needs special polish such as menz SIP. Its probably etched too deep to clean to be remopved.

mose
09-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Driven to Perfection Glass Cleaner - it`s an acid based glass cleaner that is great for water spots.

imported_sal329
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Distilled white vinegar

Duragloss Nu Glass

a.k.a. Patrick
09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
One Grand Paste Glass Cleaner

Mobilejay
09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Try Z12 from zaino

JohnKleven
09-11-2008, 08:31 PM
If it didn`t come out with polishing, you`re going to have to wetsand them out.

John

MCWD
09-11-2008, 10:53 PM
What polish did you use to hit at the paint? MB has ceramiclear which needs special polish such as menz SIP. Its probably etched too deep to clean to be remopved.

That is what I used. The paint looks perfect 6 hrs later, but the glass still needs some help.:soscared:

MCWD
09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
If it didn`t come out with polishing, you`re going to have to wetsand them out.

John

Wetsand glass????? I never heard of that. Wouldn`t that screw up the glass?

CKSpeed
09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Give Spot-X a try. You can find it at Home Depot in the cleaning supply area. It comes in a yellow bottle. Be sure to pickup the special white scrubber that goes with it. It did a great job getting rid of hard water spots on the windshield of my Subie.

imported_Dave Holmes
09-16-2008, 01:46 PM
I can second sal329`s suggestion of Duragloss NuGlass. I`ve posted about my experiences with the wicked water spots on my car`s glass when I got it. In short, I tried everything I could find locally, and a glass shop recommended the Duragloss. They even did a test spot for me, and I would buy it if it worked. I am a firm believer now. To save on the elbow grease, I use it with my PC and a cutting pad. Works great, and pretty easy.

On less severe water spots on glass, I`ve used DACP. It`s effective on your average water spots. But on severe ones (like you`re describing), the Duragloss works better.

Dave