PDA

View Full Version : What a joke!

backwoods_lex
09-08-2008, 04:32 AM
I cut and pasted this from a craig`s list advertisement in the MD area. I didn`t want to include the company`s name or logo because I`m definitely not a fan:

Mobile Auto Detail Technician

Do you admire clean and shiny cars as they drive by? Do you notice when rims sparkle and tires gleam? Are you motivated by making an automobile look it’s best? If so then I have a career for you!

Brand X Auto Detailers is currently looking to add a Mobile Auto Detail Technician to it’s existing team. This person MUST have previous experience with high speed buffers, extractors, generators and power washers. You must be flexible with your schedule and on call in case an appointment pops up at a moments notice. This position will report into the Auto Detail Technician Manager. Brand X Auto Detailers is a start-up mobile detail company based out of Laurel, MD. This role will require the most motivated candidate to drive to customers’ homes or jobs to wash and detail their automobiles.

Role and Responsibilities

• Wash cars, vans, SUVs’

• Detail vehicles using professional equipment

• Up-Sell customers to other services

• Arrive on time to appointments

What Are We Looking For?

• Someone with a passion for making cars look their best

• Experience with high speed buffers, extractors, pressure washer. Experience working will all of these pieces of equipment is a MUST

• Flexibility to work in extreme weather conditions

• A “can-do” attitude

• Must have a valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record and bring a certified copy to interview

• Able to pass a criminal and drug screening

• Weekly hours depend on appointments. Average between 10-35 per week including weekends

What Brand X Detailers Offer You!

• Hourly wage of $7.00-$8.00 per hour based on experience-non negotiable

• Tips normally average $10.00-$25.00 per job

• Opportunity to work with a professional company that is on the rise in the DC metro area

Compensation: NEGOTIABLE

This is a part-time job.

Principals only. Recruiters, please don`t contact this job poster.

Phone calls about this job are ok.

Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

$7-8 bucks an hour for an experienced detailer that needs to be ready on a moments notice and willing to sweat bullets or freeze? These guys can choke on it.

rjom
09-08-2008, 04:42 AM
I think you may have inadvertently left in the companies name..second to last section.

backwoods_lex
09-08-2008, 04:50 AM
Thanks. I missed that.

Pats300zx
09-08-2008, 04:53 AM
WOW...you might be able to make more flipping burgers at BK. Geez.

imported_smprince1
09-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Agree ....

Add uses the terms "motivated", "experienced" and "career" ... and then follows with $7 an hour. This employer should understand quality people will not work for this amount, and the kind of people he will get for $7 an hour are the face of his company.

imported_paradigm
09-08-2008, 05:18 AM
nice how they also say "$7-$8 per hour non negotiable" and then "compensation: negotiable". lol

blucpe
09-08-2008, 07:44 AM
where do i sign up.:wow::buffing:

qwertydude
09-08-2008, 08:53 AM
If I hired someone and provided all equipment and chemicals I`d at least pay in the $18/hour range. Detailing experience is hard to come by. Even the local auto wash place with their detail bay pays $12 an hour.

imported_Jakerooni
09-08-2008, 09:25 AM
If I hired someone and provided all equipment and chemicals I`d at least pay in the $18/hour range. Detailing experience is hard to come by. Even the local auto wash place with their detail bay pays $12 an hour.

Must be nice to have all the money in the world then LOL. If I gave my guys $18/hr I`d be out of business in a months time. Even if they came in with everything of their own there`s no possible way to make a profit paying someone that kind of money. (unless you`re just charging $500 a detail.. $7-$8 is stupid... I think the federal minimum wage is more than $7 now isn`t it? I don`t see a problem with the $10-$12 range for someone with good experience. if they want the $30-$60/hr the "pro`s" charge then they need to be doing as their own business and not as an employee. I`ve had a few guys do that already. They worked for me for awhile I taught them the things they were lacking in and helped them venture out on their own. (into different market areas of course LOL)

NCZ13
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
7 dollars isnt even the minimum wage in california

most highschool jobs in this area pay way above 8 (which is the cali minimum wage)

Wasatch
09-09-2008, 08:39 AM
WOW...you might be able to make more flipping burgers at BK. Geez.

Hey, I like working at BK. :dance:D