PDA

View Full Version : Detailing "somewhat" in the sun, bad idea?

Egoolps
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
So I planned on detailing my car both days this weekend. Both days it was supposed to be cloudy...and both days (of course) turned out to be sunny. If it was a regular was, I could work quick.

However, this was going to be my full detail. I`ll be washing-claying-scratch remover with PC-Polish with PC-Seal with PC-Wax with PC.

So, I`m looking at at least a 4-5 hour day. I`m thinking about buying a pop-up canopy, but I would rather spend 75-100 on something else...considering I won`t need to use it that much.

Can I do this full detail in the sun and get the same results as if it was done in the shade?

Any advice?

imported_weekendwarrior
09-08-2008, 05:57 AM
You can detail in the sun. Just reduce your work area...instead of a 18" x 18" area, shrink it down to 12"x12". this will help keep the polish from drying and dusting. You may also want to look at a polish like Optimum Polish, that has a long work time, and does well in the sun (doesn`t dry out too quickly).

Wasatch
09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Yes, you can, but work quickly. PoorBoy`s product`s are suppose to be sun friendly.

Jscort98
09-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Also some waxes will become rock hard to buff off in the sun if you leave them for more than a minute. I always try to wax in the shade if I can.