PDA

View Full Version : Lines on leather

MattB
09-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I was cleaning and conditioning the leather seats in my car today and noticed thin lines in some spots that were seemingly random and appeared slightly raised though not enough to noticably feel running my hand across them. Is this just naturally part of the leather or an indication of wear or damange?. If it`s damage, what can I do to prevent further wear?

imported_themightytimmah
09-06-2008, 04:55 PM
It`s part of wearing - no big deal, but Leatherique will generally help it.

MattB
09-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Will keeping the leather conditioned and protected prevent it from cracking? The lines are also on the driver`s seat in the center where my back usually rests.

Quality Leather
09-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Do you have pics?

judyb
09-08-2008, 12:28 AM
If these are natural creases in the leather they are areas that should be given attention during the clenaing process as any build up of dirt will not help. Conditioning will not make the slightest bit of difference but protecting your leather will make it easier to clean and therefore reduce the risk of dirt and body oils from breaking dowmn the finish.

The key to good leather care is keeping it clean by cleaning regularly little and often (the use of a protector will help this process) not by adding conditioners that only attract more dirt.