PDA

View Full Version : Bug & Tar wash

Jesstzn
09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Anyone tried the Bug & Tar wash from Chemical Guys?

Does it perform like advertized?

Excellent for dried, squashed bugs on windshields, grilles, hoods, bumpers and headlights. Dried bug fluids and bug bodies are difficult to remove. Quick and easy way to loosen debris and wash them away without the laborious rubbing and scrubbing that is usually required with ordinary car wash soaps. Very Easy to use, simply wash surface with water and Strong Wash, let stand and then rinse with

imported_DJBAILEY
09-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Just received my shipment of a gallon of the CG Bug & Tar wash, CW Clear, and the new wheel gel. I`ll be using them on an Audi S4 on Monday.

I bought the Bug & Tar wash to add to the CW Clear to make a strong degreasing prep wash. I`ve heard that the combo is as good as the P21S Total Auto Wash.

I`ll try the Bug & Tar wash on its own on the front bumper and rocker panels and let you know how it works.

Jesstzn
09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Bump ... no one else use this?

Jesstzn
09-09-2008, 07:34 AM
I`m suprised with all the CG fans in here no one has tried this product. We seem to have evaluations of everything else.

Alex T.
09-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I`m also looking for some bug & tar remover so guys help us out here.

BigAl3
09-09-2008, 01:57 PM
wouldn`t using CW&G do the job at a higher dilution in a bucket or spray bottle?

kaval
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Grime Reaper has worked very well for me.

Jesstzn
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
wouldn`t using CW&G do the job at a higher dilution in a bucket or spray bottle?

Dunno .. what is it?

steelwind101
09-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi!

This product isnt to different to Poorboys Bug Squash. Add a ounce to a 3 gallon wash bucket of your normal soap.

Mix it 3:1 for good pre cleaner.

1:1 and it should remove alot of your bugs and LSP!

Personally go to Autogeek and Surf City Garage Road Trip Grime remover. Its a gel, effective has many other uses as its just like p21s TAW.

Geoff

BigAl3
09-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Dunno .. what is it?

http://www.chemicalguys.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CWS_301-2T.jpg

the first time i used this i wasn`t impressed (might have had the wrong dilution on my part), but i gave it another shot and it`s not bad. i used 1oz (they recommend 1/2 ounce to 1-2 gallons of water) to 4 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket with the GS (helps to agitate suds) and it worked well (i`ll play with the dilution ratios some more). you can go stronger with a higher dilution if needed. if you buy a gallon of this stuff, not only will it save you some money, but it will last you a long time...

Jesstzn
09-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi!

This product isnt to different to Poorboys Bug Squash. Add a ounce to a 3 gallon wash bucket of your normal soap.

Mix it 3:1 for good pre cleaner.

1:1 and it should remove alot of your bugs and LSP!

Personally go to Autogeek and Surf City Garage Road Trip Grime remover. Its a gel, effective has many other uses as its just like p21s TAW.

Geoff

Outside of the fact that 16 oz is $11 and the CG stuff is $19 gal.

I`m amazed no one has tried this ... Accumulator where are you?

BigAl3
09-12-2008, 09:24 PM
I`m amazed no one has tried this ...

it`s a fairly new product and i don`t think very many have gotten around to it just yet...