PDA

View Full Version : Tape Up When Klasse AIO?

shadow85
09-02-2008, 06:05 PM
I am skeptical as to how many of you tape up your car before you use Klasse AIO. Is it really bad if you get it on trim?

wascallyrabbit
09-02-2008, 07:56 PM
if your trim is not faded aio will not advesely affect it. aio can be used to protect your trim from sun damage just like your paint. be sure to test it first to ensure that it`ll work with your trim. i use it on my trim with no ill affects. i needed to restore my wifes trim first before aio gave me the results i wanted.

MCWD
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
if your trim is not faded aio will not advesely affect it. aio can be used to protect your trim from sun damage just like your paint. be sure to test it first to ensure that it`ll work with your trim. i use it on my trim with no ill affects. i needed to restore my wifes trim first before aio gave me the results i wanted.

I have had success with using AIO`s on trim`s on Honda`s and Acura`s to name a few, but NOT on HHUMMER`s!! I had a headache with that make. I tested it and it seemed to look fine, but after an hour I was kicking myself as it looked like hell!:grrr What makes did you or didn`t you have success on so far?

wascallyrabbit
09-03-2008, 05:43 AM
i`ve used it on my ford and two dodges (2001 and 2005).

Accumulator
09-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I have had success with using AIO`s on trim`s on Honda`s and Acura`s to name a few, but NOT on HHUMMER`s!! I had a headache with that make. I tested it and it seemed to look fine, but after an hour I was kicking myself as it looked like hell!:grrr What makes did you or didn`t you have success on so far?

Interesting about the Hummer! Wonder how it woulda worked out had you applied KSG on top of the AIO (which is what I usually do).

I`ve used Klasse on black metal, plastic and rubber trim for years with zero problems. This includes:

Audi, VW, BMW, Subaru, Jaguar, Mazda, Volvo, GMC/Chevy, Ford, Benz, and probably some others I`m not remembering.

Oh, wait...it didn`t work well on the matte black wiper arms of the Mazda MPV. Funny as it worked fine on the wiper arms of our other Mazdas :nixweiss

trl2112
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I have used it to clean and protect trim, never any staining issue.

shadow85
09-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Interesting. I have a Honda Accord 08. Someone mentioned Honda. It`s brand new. Safe? Is there any benefits if use on windshield?

Accumulator
09-04-2008, 11:17 AM
shadow85- Dunno about Hondas, haven`t done one since forever :nixweiss

I don`t like stuff on the windshield, *any* stuff.

shadow85
09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
If only there was also a video on Klasse. I mean it`s got its own article page here. =)

Joel_MD
09-05-2008, 01:18 AM
I use it on all the trim on my cars, plus glass and wiper arms too.