PDA

View Full Version : Video: claying with ONR

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I`ve been asked several times how I do this, so I made a little video. :)

YouTube - Claying with Optimum No Rinse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF1lSdpZYnk)

My hands are dirty from cleaning the wheels if anyone is wondering or even cares. :lol

thehemiman12345
09-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Cool, I noticed that when you were claying you made some circular motions with the clay first and then went to a back and forth pattern. Any reason why or was it just to show that ONR works well as a clay lube?

Macruz19
09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I have not clayed my car since the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, but I think it`s time for a full detail and I`ll use ONR (QD strength) to clay my car. Nice video.

BigAl3
09-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I think it`s time for a full detail.

same here, i almost feel guilty... :nervous: :o

p.s. well i at least cleaned my engine bay yesterday (surprisingly wasn`t that bad), so that kinda counts... :D

Macruz19
09-02-2008, 03:40 PM
same here, i almost feel guilty... :nervous: :o

p.s. well i at least cleaned my engine bay yesterday, so that counts kinda... :D

Man I`m getting lazy now.. seriously. I wash my car like twice a month now.

I also think it`s due to the fact it`s raining pretty much everyday here, and on top of that my car has some paint damage from road debris and I don`t think I will repaint it because my car is getting old. :bawling: I think it`s time for the 4th gen TL... yeah right. :cool:

BigAl3
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Man I`m getting lazy now.. seriously. I wash my car like twice a month now.

yeah i here ya, everytime i wash there is some new stone chip, scratch, etc., i discover from the damn debris from the roads :( :hairpull . oh well, it`s mother nature what do you do...

Holden_C04
09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
This video scares me. I can`t help but wonder if a little bit of grit gets transferred from the wash bucket to the paint. Do you use the remainder of the bucket from washing the paint, or do you use a fresh bucket? Maybe that`s where I am getting confused.

I have always had great success with ONR diluted to clay lubricant in a spray bottle. It`s by far the best clay lube I have ever used.

shadow85
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
hmm. maybe wash/dry/lube/clay/dry a panel at a time saves time?

Scottwax
09-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Cool, I noticed that when you were claying you made some circular motions with the clay first and then went to a back and forth pattern. Any reason why or was it just to show that ONR works well as a clay lube?

Just showing it wasn`t dragging in any direction.

Holden_C04-before I start washing, I pour off several ounces of the ONR mix into a 32 oz cup and keep it in there. Probably should add that to the video description...

shadow85-going around the car only one time always saves time. :)

snowskate
09-02-2008, 11:39 PM
i like that one of the other videos that pop up after your video includes

MetallicA - One

Holden_C04
09-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Holden_C04-before I start washing, I pour off several ounces of the ONR mix into a 32 oz cup and keep it in there. Probably should add that to the video description...

I figured I got it wrong. :idea

Garry Dean
09-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Ive been claying with just water for months now. No product (clay lube, onr, etc.) is a good deal and it really works well!

TN9thSi
09-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Nice demo, Scott. I`ve been using ONR to clay with for a while now at QD strength in a spray bottle. It works amazingly well and doesn`t make the clay deteriorate like car soap does. I`ve been a little hesitant to use it at washing dilution, but looks like it will do just fine.

Raz5219
09-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I clayed my car with Mother`s Clay and ONR at QD strength and ended up with some marring. No idea how that happened, as I used more than a liberal amount of ONR and kept the clay and body panels very lubricated. Any thoughts?

Mindflux
09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I clayed my car with Mother`s Clay and ONR at QD strength and ended up with some marring. No idea how that happened, as I used more than a liberal amount of ONR and kept the clay and body panels very lubricated. Any thoughts?

Yup. Thoughts? You clayed your car. Expect some marring to occur.