PDA

View Full Version : FK425 and heat?

Pages : [1] 2 3

alowe
09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I just got hooked on 425, love it!

Question is:

Have a little in a spritzer in the trunk, will summer heat do anything to it?

pampos
09-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Just cool it before use it because it will dry immediately on you paint and you will get some streaking .that`s from personal experience.I used to have it in the trunk while the air temperature was about 45 Celsius....I don`t know if the heat can do anything else to it...

bcwang
04-25-2009, 01:35 AM
I`ve been trying to ask this type of questions for a few days now but I can`t start a thread on QD and heat for some reason. So luckily I found this one as I can add a post without a problem. Does anyone know if it`s safe to leave QD in the heat of a car without adverse affect? I sure wouldn`t leave my waxes and sealants....

BigAl3
04-25-2009, 01:52 AM
you can always leave a little 2-4oz sprayer (you can find the little bottles at walmart) with some FK425 (along with a microfiber towel) and if it goes bad, it`s not really a big loss...

Setec Astronomy
04-25-2009, 05:14 AM
There`s usually some solvent content in QD`s, so it`s possible you could drive them off with the heat and make the QD thicker or less effective at cleaning or have less wetting action, but if you minimize the bottle size as BigAl suggests...even if it "goes bad" and you have to throw it out, that is a small price for the security of having something to clean off a bird bomb, etc.

WaxManRonnie
04-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Best detailer I`ve ever used.

Dunbar42
04-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I keep some CG Speed Wipe & Spray in the dash with a microfiber for bird bombs. Haven`t noticed any issues and my car is black on black and it`s 90`s every day in the summer here.

imported_Bence
04-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I`ve had a 4 oz spray in my car; never had problems with it.

425 is not a sensitive liquid.

eyezack87
04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I have FK425, OID, and ONR QD in my trunk with 3 MF towels. They are still going strong after about 6 months or so :)

nosbusa1700
05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Instead of making another thread about a QD. I`ll just ask my question here.

I`ve done a lot of searching about QD`s tonight. Many like OID (which I have a gallon of) and many like FK425. I`m wondering if it`s worth spending the money to try FK425?

I also have a half a gallon, to a gallon of these products Z-6, Z-8, Fast Clean and Shine, and AW.

Is FK425 going to give me a look that these others mentioned above won`t, or will I even be able to tell a difference? I`m looking to apply Wolfgang Fuzion tomorrow if the weather allows. LOL

I`m also going to try Pinnacle Souveran once again on another car with a QD over the top to hopefully cut down on pollen/dust.

So what`s your suggestion? What should I use over Fuzion and Souveran? Products I have, or should I spend the money on FK425.

I had a gallon of 425 in the cart and typed in my CC number before I decided to stop, and ask my question over here before I ordered the product. :chuckle:

Thank you for the help.

OCKlasse
05-07-2009, 12:27 AM
^Best "final" QD I have ever used.

eyezack87
05-07-2009, 01:49 AM
If you are going to order FK425, pick up some FK108 as well. Looks as good as Z16 for quite a bit less :)

Thats what I did when on the fence for QD and tire shine lol. Just try it out, I like 425 for the garage queen (which has Concorso) and OID for the daily (which has SN2.0) ;)

imported_etml12
05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Instead of making another thread about a QD. I`ll just ask my question here.

I`ve done a lot of searching about QD`s tonight. Many like OID (which I have a gallon of) and many like FK425. I`m wondering if it`s worth spending the money to try FK425?

I also have a half a gallon, to a gallon of these products Z-6, Z-8, Fast Clean and Shine, and AW.

Is FK425 going to give me a look that these others mentioned above won`t, or will I even be able to tell a difference? I`m looking to apply Wolfgang Fuzion tomorrow if the weather allows. LOL

I`m also going to try Pinnacle Souveran once again on another car with a QD over the top to hopefully cut down on pollen/dust.

So what`s your suggestion? What should I use over Fuzion and Souveran? Products I have, or should I spend the money on FK425.

I had a gallon of 425 in the cart and typed in my CC number before I decided to stop, and ask my question over here before I ordered the product. :chuckle:

Thank you for the help.

nosbusa, you have alot going on here in your post but I`ll try to be brief. I`d be surprised if after using it, you`d think 425 is not worth the money. If you are left unimpressed, put the remaining product up for sale in the classifieds section. Plenty around here will be happy to take it off your hands.

What color paint are you applying this too?

IME, on dark colors, 425 compliments a nuba nicely as it can darken the look and make dust accumulation more manageable. If it is a light color one of the products you have in stock may be adequate (OID, Z6, AW) as they tend to have a "brighter", glossy look.

nosbusa1700
05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it was late at night and I was half a sleep. So I was rambling. lol I just was wanting to know if it was worth it or not to buy FK425, or use the products I currently have.

The paint color is Black Metallic.

You know many of use accumulate so many products that we often never use them all. I mean how often does one go through Z-6, Z8, FC&S, AW, QS, OID and FK425 in one month much less one year. I don`t detail for a living so I guess I just accumulate products. :chuckle:

eyezack87, and etml12, I appreciate your thoughts. Hopefully a few others who have use "the products I have" along with FK425 will chime in before I make my decision. Thanks.

Saleenman607
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it was late at night and I was half a sleep. So I was rambling. lol I just was wanting to know if it was worth it or not to buy FK425, or use the products I currently have.

The paint color is Black Metallic.

You know many of use accumulate so many products that we often never use them all. I mean how often does one go through Z-6, Z8, FC&S, AW, QS, OID and FK425 in one month much less one year. I don`t detail for a living so I guess I just accumulate products. :chuckle:

eyezack87, and etml12, I appreciate your thoughts. Hopefully a few others who have use "the products I have" along with FK425 will chime in before I make my decision. Thanks.

If you have Souveran as LSP, why wouldn`t you want to use Crystal Mist to spritz, since one the negatives about nubas are the lasting qualities? I`d think spritzing with a nuba QD would benefit a nuba LSP.

Just thinkin.....