PDA

View Full Version : Looking for moderately priced carnuba/sealant...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sweetlou
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
im looking for some products as stated above in the title.

so far i have been using blackfire all finish paint protection, but am looking to switch it up to get a good base of products. Ive been looking for a while for a good carnuba, but not ruling sealants out, for around 15-to 40 $ or so depending on how good it is. Beading and durability are factors, but not necessities.

heres a list of products that have caught my attention

Prima-Banana Gloss

Prima-Epic

Adams-Buttery Wax

P21s-Carnuba

Fk-1000p synthetic paste

Fk-pink wax

Pinnacle signature- @ 2 for 50$

Opti-seal- the new spray stuff, heard mixed reviews so far

Collonite-915 or 8xx

Danase-Classic wax 8oz

Clearkote-carnuba moose wax

zymol or zaino product?

any other suggestions? also possibly a good synthetic under a carnuba combo for better protection? sorry for all the wide range here, just trying to get a grasp on all these products. :up

imported_paradigm
09-01-2008, 12:05 PM
collinite 845...cheap...one bottle will last you for a VERY long time...and performs equal better than most.

Accumulator
09-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Another vote for Collinite, but I pefer the 476S/885 paste.

9935annivgt
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
One vote for Zaino, love the stuff!

smokinfastlegen
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I like s100 (although its not on your list, its very similar to p21s, if not exactly the same and is cheaper.)

Also dont throw out meguiars mirror glaze waxes, M26 is nice, so is m21.

BigAl3
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Fk-1000p synthetic paste

Fk-pink wax

both are great and one tin will last you a long time... :2thumbs:

p.s. one flat rate of $4.99 per order no matter how big or small it is, can`t beat that... :bigups

Finish Kare FK1 Professional Detailing Products (http://fk1usa.com/products-professional.htm)

blk45
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Another vote for Collinite, but I pefer the 476S/885 paste.

Agreed.....

sweetlou
09-01-2008, 02:15 PM
thanks for the replies, seems like a lot of people like the collonite 885 paste, i have a few questions about it. Hows the beading? Durability i hear is good. Also is it a carnuuba? How does it look on silver depth/reflective wise?

The fk is appealing b/c they have virtually everything. and the paste comes in 15oz tins, but to those who use it, how is the beading and durability.

To 9935, which zaino do you recommend?

Also i was curious about the s100, because it looks like p21s but idk the story.

Meguires has so many products it becomes confusing and didnt think their stuff was up to par with the rest of my suggestions.

another question, would anyone recommend a sealant such as poli-seal or klasse under one of the carnubas or just stick with 1 step, also layering?

DM101
09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I vote for Natty`s Paste Wax - Blue or CMW .....

Scottwax
09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Carnauba Moose. Opti-Seal is good too and you can use it as a base for CMW or use it over it (once CMW cures 24 hours). Pink Wax is pretty good too.

LS1 Eddie
09-01-2008, 06:49 PM
My vote would be for Collinite 845 and P21S. Collinite has bullet proof durability and P21S has great all around looks with respectable durability.

sweetlou
09-01-2008, 07:06 PM
is collonite carnuba based? i dont imagine it would have a lot as everyone claims its really durable. if it was carnuba based, wouldnt layering p21s be unnecessary?

seems like everyone suggests different things haha, but based on suggestions and reviews i plan on getting a tin of the 885, the demo type package from fk and maybe one other carnuba. Perhaps some klasse as a base coat, or should i just use the collonite as a base coat?

Bounty
09-01-2008, 07:47 PM
A lot depends on the color of the car you will be waxing. An LSP designed to look exceptionally wet on blacks and darker colors usually leaves something lacking on silvers and whites.

Since I own a QuickSilver C5 Corvette I have tried about two-thirds of the LSP`s you listed in an attempt to find the one that both makes the metallic flaking come through without "dulling down" the silver and add depth, wetness, and optical clarity.

To date, the only one I have found that does the job to my liking is the Pinacle Signature Series II. It is a ridiculous deal right now at Autogeek and one can will last you a loooong time. It is a WOWO product (wipe on/wipe off) so application is a breeze and does not leave nasty white residue. Really makes the silver paint on my car pop.

I have heard drawbacks because of duarability in that it does not last "months and months" on a car like synthetic sealants. Sorry, but I don`t let my car go months and months without waxing so that`s a non-issue for me.

On darker cars, Pinnacle`s Souveran paste wax is hard to beat and is also on specal at Autogeek for this weekend. I also like Wolfgang Fuzion, Swissvax, and Zymol for the dark colored cars but you can get real expensive real quick with some of those.

Good luck on your choice and let us know how you make out with your final choice...

imported_User Name
09-01-2008, 07:49 PM
NXT 2.0 and Collinite 845

sweetlou
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
my car is silver, which is what i would use some on, but i do other peoples cars as well. I was looking at the pinnacle signature series II paste as well because of the 2 for 1 deal, but only hear about souveran so i figured the signature was not as good.

great, even more choices to buy haha