PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for dealing with the Pacific NW?

JustinL67
08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
I drive a 96 F-150, nothing special but it`s still mine and I want to take care of it. I`m certainly not going to obsess over it but would like to keep it looking nice, however, I am stationed at Ft. Lewis which is about 30 miles south of Seattle, which means it rains 8 months out of the year. I don`t want to have to wash my truck every single day to keep it looking good, is there anyway to combat the rain?

JustinL67
08-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Forgot to mention the truck is black...yea, I know.

RDAVEX7
08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I hate the rain and all it brings with it like dirty finish`s.

Get a good wax or sealant on your truck that beads water well and is durable. You could also try Optimum No Rinse wash`s (ONR) or use it as a quick detailer to clean any dirt from the surface. This works well for me in the winter when we get snow fall. It takes me about 10 min to do a quick wipe down of a mid size SUV.

The ONR is a really good QD for cleaning this type of mess off you paint as it`s intended to be a cleaner with good lubricity so you wont have to worry about marring the finish.

Legacy
08-30-2008, 05:53 PM
I drive a 96 F-150, nothing special but it`s still mine and I want to take care of it. I`m certainly not going to obsess over it but would like to keep it looking nice, however, I am stationed at Ft. Lewis which is about 30 miles south of Seattle, which means it rains 8 months out of the year. I don`t want to have to wash my truck every single day to keep it looking good, is there anyway to combat the rain?

A good sealant/wax every month or two will help keep a lot of dirt from sticking to the paint. There is no majic bullet, but this will help. Lower panels, wheels and tires will still need washing. ONR could be your best friend.

thesacrifice
08-31-2008, 02:56 AM
Washingtonian right here

Optimum No Rinse

and

Optimun Opti-seal are your friend