PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know of any Eco-friendly Spray shines??

MCWD
08-28-2008, 09:03 PM
2 reasons for my question is for the obvious with the environment, then my second is for my health. I won`t lie, there are times I lack a mask and I don`t like breathing in all the harsh chemicals!!!! Any suggestions? I have started using Black Wow for areas that getting to by hand are easy, but there are still areas that I would rather spray. Thank you!:2thumbs:

Ron Harris
08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
You can find metal canisters in the net that you charge with compressed air. This way you could use your eco friendly product of choice and still spray it.

I use a wagner spray gun from Home Depot. If you do a search Integrity detail has made a few post about it.

MCWD
08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
You can find metal canisters in the net that you charge with compressed air. This way you could use your eco friendly product of choice and still spray it.

I use a wagner spray gun from Home Depot. If you do a search Integrity detail has made a few post about it.

I am aware of the ability to hook up to my compressor, but what kind of products might I be able to use? Do you know of any water based products that are very good?

Ron Harris
08-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Optimum has three different types.

Protectant Plus.

Tire Shine

Opti-Bond

These are the only ones I have used lately that can be purchased in bulk.

MCWD
08-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Optimum has three different types.

Protectant Plus.

Tire Shine

Opti-Bond

These are the only ones I have used lately that can be purchased in bulk.

do you feel that the tire shine offers an excellent shine? I know that shines have been changing so much with new water based shines, and I have always had a tough time with finding a good one...

Ron Harris
09-01-2008, 07:31 AM
do you feel that the tire shine offers an excellent shine? I know that shines have been changing so much with new water based shines, and I have always had a tough time with finding a good one...

Not a dripping wet shine like the aerosol sprays. Just a nice even finish. If you want gloss for tires use the opti-bond. You can really get the glazed donut look from it.

MCWD
09-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Not a dripping wet shine like the aerosol sprays. Just a nice even finish. If you want gloss for tires use the opti-bond. You can really get the glazed donut look from it.

How would you rate the value of the opti-bond? Are you able to use a minimal amount and yeild a great result, or is it an easy way to run through product and money? I have been happy with all of optimums products so I would have to assume it wont kill profits. Any opinions?

Ron Harris
09-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Opti-Bond is a pro product that must be diluted to spray through a gun. So yeah it is cost effective. I feel less is wasted as well with this method If you want high gloss spray it on heavy. If you want a matte finish then spray one coat let dry and knock down with a sponge. The product stays on the tire for quite a long time. the high gloss shine will only last for a few days. this is dependent upon how much dust is collected on the tires while driving. I have also never had any problems with the tires browning out.

I have a few cars on weekly service and only apply the opti-bond every couple of weeks. I usualy clean the tires with the no rinse and a soft brush. The tires have a nice deep black look to them again.

As far as dilution goes For the wagner i use one third water to two thirds Opti-Bond.

If you use a compressor and a paint spray gun You can go one quarter water three quarters opti bond. You achualy use less with a compressor and the painters gun. It really atomizes the product well giving you a little more even coverage.

If you purchase some just play around with the dilution a little. Every one has their own preference on how things should look and work.

MCWD
09-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Opti-Bond is a pro product that must be diluted to spray through a gun. So yeah it is cost effective. I feel less is wasted as well with this method If you want high gloss spray it on heavy. If you want a matte finish then spray one coat let dry and knock down with a sponge. The product stays on the tire for quite a long time. the high gloss shine will only last for a few days. this is dependent upon how much dust is collected on the tires while driving. I have also never had any problems with the tires browning out.

I have a few cars on weekly service and only apply the opti-bond every couple of weeks. I usualy clean the tires with the no rinse and a soft brush. The tires have a nice deep black look to them again.

As far as dilution goes For the wagner i use one third water to two thirds Opti-Bond.

If you use a compressor and a paint spray gun You can go one quarter water three quarters opti bond. You achualy use less with a compressor and the painters gun. It really atomizes the product well giving you a little more even coverage.

If you purchase some just play around with the dilution a little. Every one has their own preference on how things should look and work.

Awesome! I have a compressor that I use. Do you have any sprayer recomendations? Also, how do you keep it from spilling inbetween uses? I hate to keep asking questions, but I like to do things right, and it seems like you have toyed around with this. Thanks a lot my friend!:grinno:

Ron Harris
09-03-2008, 05:43 AM
I have a gravity fed automotive painters gun that I purchased from Harbor Freight. There less then $20.00 The gun has a lid so it will not spill. I store mine on a hook.

MCWD
09-03-2008, 09:06 PM
nice! I will keep that in mind. Where did you buy it?

Ron Harris
09-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Harbor Freight Tools. Link (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47016)