PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning

JamRWS6
08-27-2008, 08:59 AM
How are you cleaning carpets? What products are you using?

Specifically not talking about heavily soiled carpets but cleaning in general to freshen everything up (including smell).

Are you using a wet van or letting dry? What tools?

Thanks!

Evenflow
08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Meguiars APC 4:1 for shampoo

Folex for spot removal

mrfjsw294
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Typically if im just trying to take some of the surface dirt off, i`ll mist the carpets with Folex and then agitate with a microfiber. You`d be surprised how much cleaner they look.

imported_smprince1
08-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Thoroughly vacuum and then evalutate agressiveness of treatment needed.

For spot stain removal, either Folex or 303 Spot Cleaner.

For general carpet cleaning:

Very light soil: DP Carpet and Unholstery Cleaner or Megs APC, wipe with MF, vacuum residue

Medium soil: TOL Rug Renew, extract with pure water

Heavy soil: Matrix Grand Slam Traffic Lane Cleaner, extract with Matrix All Fiber Rinse

california love
08-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Always vaccum first, then evaluate your detail. I always put down an APC then brush in to the carpet, vaccum again. At this point I know if I need an extractor, or not. If you do, mix downy in you solution, if you dont mix a bottle of downy, and spray all surfaces anyway. This seems to eliminate all odors. Keep in mind that odors are on the inside glass, headliner, door panels, ect. I will clean a clients car with apc first, and then go over the same surface with my downy solution. Cigarette smoke does`nt stand a chance.

David Fermani
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I`m surprised no one suggested a dedicated carpet shampoo in addition to spot cleaning?

imported_smprince1
08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I`m surprised no one suggested a dedicated carpet shampoo in addition to spot cleaning?

David,

TOL Rug Renew, DP Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and Matrix Grand Slam Traffic Lane Cleaner / All Fiber Rinse are dedicated carpet products. I`ll only use APC if the soil is very, very light.

BTW, what product(s) are you currently using?

David Fermani
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks samprince1. I wasn`t familiar with those products. Do you ever use regular cotton towels when doing interior cleaning, or always MF`s? I like the absorbancy and thickness of cotton towels personally for soil lifting and drying.

imported_smprince1
08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks samprince1. I wasn`t familiar with those products. Do you ever use regular cotton towels when doing interior cleaning, or always MF`s? I like the absorbancy and thickness of cotton towels personally for soil lifting and drying.

Yes, I do sometimes use the white terry cotton towels. I also find they work very well when wrapped over the head of my steamer (better than MF).

David Fermani
08-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Speaking of wrapping; I also wrap towels over my carpet brush to help lift dirt. Thanks.

imported_wagonproject
08-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Well I use...

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9597/p1010708tw3.jpg

Mix in a bucket, brush on carpet and extract with the the BLGM (poor mans tool, lol). And 303 spot remover on spots.

BlueLibby04
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
I like to spray megs APC+ on the area then brush if needed. Let it soak for a few then use the LGM with just HOT water to extract.

fueler
08-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Well I use...

Mix in a bucket, brush on carpet and extract with the the BLGM (poor mans tool, lol). And 303 spot remover on spots.

Wagonproject,

I see you have one of them little Bissell steam cleaners. How does it work as an extractor? Is yours heated?

JamRWS6
08-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies. Good info:bigups

imported_wagonproject
08-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Wagonproject,

I see you have one of them little Bissell steam cleaners. How does it work as an extractor? Is yours heated?

I love it. Yes its heated. For the money, I think its very well worth it. No its not a "real" extractor, but for me I couldn`t ask for more. I couldn`t believe at how much **** it pulls out, even on carpets I thought were clean.

Heres some photos to show how it does...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/109342-2005-gmc-envoy-trashed-interior.html