PDA

View Full Version : Final check before placing order

Fabre
08-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Here is what I am planning on buying, I have never used a PC before so I want to make sure I have everything I need before ordering.

1 x PC 7424 w/6"BP and counter weight

2 x 7.5 inch, CCS White Foam Pad

1 x 7.5 inch, CCS Black Glazing Pad

1 x 3.5" BP

2 X 4 inch, CCS, Orange Power Pad Jr.

2 x 4 inch, CCS, White Spot Polishing Pad

And how I will use it

1 .Wash / Meguiar`s Gold Class Shampoo

2. Clay

3. Menzerna Intensive Polish / 4 inch, CCS, Orange Power Pad Jr.

4. Menzerna Final Polish II / 4 inch, CCS, White Spot Polishing Pad

5. Klasse AIO / 7.5 inch, CCS White Foam Pad

6. Klasse SG / 7.5 inch, CCS Black Glazing Pad

This is for a 14 year white paint with heavy swirls.

Am I missing anything?

Legacy
08-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Skip the 7.5" pads and get 5.5" along with the 4"pads. Get a grey, blue or red pad for final polishing. The pc does not have much power, the larger pads will bog down the pc. Youll need a 5" and 3.5" backing plate.

Fabre
08-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Skip the 7.5" pads and get 5.5" along with the 4"pads. Get a grey, blue or red pad for final polishing. The pc does not have much power, the larger pads will bog down the pc. Youll need a 5" and 3.5" backing plate.

Thanks Legacy99

The place I am ordering doesn`t have 5.5 pads, so I will get 6.5 pads instead.

With the 6.5 pads can I stick with the 6"BP or would a 5"BP be better?

Also are 6.5" pads fine for the Klasse AIO or should use 4"as well?

imported_shine
08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
I would realllly recommend the 5.5" and 4" pads over anything bigger. For the power that the PC offers 6.5"+ pads just aren`t going to cut it.

Legacy
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Its your money, but like I said skip the 7.5 and 6.5" pads. They are too big for the pc to correct properly. There are tons of other sites that offer the 5.5" pads.

bwalker25
08-26-2008, 07:37 PM
check out autogeek.....great place, and you can get your 5.5" pads there (grey/white i think) and all of your 4" pads there. and the coolest pad since sliced bread the 3.5" PFW pad!

if you need help putting together an order at AG let us know and we will help you....or Jason/Matt/Meghan would be happy to assist you also ;)

BigAl3
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM
also exceldetail has the 5.5" pads as well... 5.5^^ Erasure Polishing Kits (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=65986)

Fabre
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.

Aside from taking a bit more time is there any cons in doing everything with 4" pads?

I will probably invest in a 5.5" kit later on, for now I am on a limited budget ($200)

So from Coastal Tool

1 x PC 7424

And this from properautocare

1 x 3-1/2 inch Flexible Backing Plate for DA polishers

2 x 4 inch, CCS, Orange Power Pad Jr.

2 x 4 inch, CCS, White Spot Polishing Pad

2 x 4 inch, CCS, Red Finishing Pad

Menzerna Get Acquainted Kit (Menzerna Intensive Polish & Menzerna Final Polish II)

1 x Multi-task Microfiber Detailing Cloths Pkg/3

I already have the Klasse twins and Gold Class Shampoo, and will apply Klasse SG by hand.

Eliot Ness
08-27-2008, 06:22 AM
..........Aside from taking a bit more time is there any cons in doing everything with 4" pads?........No, you can do everything with 4" pads. Even when I apply a wax or sealer to something like a mini-van I stay with the 4" pads and don`t feel it really adds that much more time.

The foam pads from Properautocare with the added blue (constant pressure) foam have a reputation of not lasting very long. Try looking at autogeek or exceldetail.... hint: autogeek has a big sale this weekend.

imported_User Name
08-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Here is what I am planning on buying, I have never used a PC before so I want to make sure I have everything I need before ordering.

If this is going to be your one and only machine for correction, why don`t you get a G110 over a PC? Quite a bit more power and while it certainly isn`t a rotary or a flex auto detailing solutions has some good packages for the G110 that you might want to look into.

Package #3 DA Polisher Ultimate Swirl Removal Kit

1 Meguiar`s G110 Polisher (1 Year Warranty)

1 W67DA Velcro Backing Plate.

3 W8006 Foam Polishing Pad

1 W9006 Foam Finishing Pad

1 C2000 Light Blue Mild Clay Bar (Large)

1 D15532 Last Touch Detailer Spray 32 oz. Concentrate

1 M8332 Dual Action Cleaner Polish 32 oz.

1 M8032 Speed Glaze 32 oz.

1 G12718 NXT Tech Wax 2.0 18 oz. (Comes with 1 Applicator Pad)

3 16 x 16 Microfiber Towels

2 Ultimate DA Microfiber Bonnets

1 Duffel Bag Internet Special

$249.99

Meguiars G110 Polisher (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/meguiars-G110-polisher.htm)

Fabre
08-27-2008, 11:45 AM
The foam pads from Properautocare with the added blue (constant pressure) foam have a reputation of not lasting very long. Try looking at autogeek or exceldetail.... hint: autogeek has a big sale this weekend.

Thanks for the info but I already placed the order :doh

I wasn`t aware of the lifespan issue of these pads, once they are done I will get replacement from autogeek or exceldetail

How long should I expect them to last? (I will only use them to do a miata twice a year)

Even with the autogeek sale I am not sure it would have brought me within budget.

Properautocare "Menzerna Get Acquainted Kit" (Autogeek only stock the large bottles) and Labour day special (10% off and free shipping) sealed the deal for me.

If this is going to be your one and only machine for correction, why don`t you get a G110 over a PC? Quite a bit more power and while it certainly isn`t a rotary or a flex auto detailing solutions has some good packages for the G110 that you might want to look into.

Thanks for the suggestion, I had a look at the different options but in the end it was over my $200 budget.

Eliot Ness
08-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info but I already placed the order :doh

I wasn`t aware of the lifespan issue of these pads, once they are done I will get replacement from autogeek or exceldetail

How long should I expect them to last? (I will only use them to do a miata twice a year)............You`ll be OK and will enjoy your new PC. Not sure how long they`ll last, too many variables, but I`m sure you`ll get some good use out of them and maybe they have been improved.

Be sure to post up some pics of your Miata when you`re finished :buffing:

gtmustang00
08-27-2008, 02:40 PM
sorry to steal your thread but are the ccs pads and the lake country pads both good? i have a pc 7424 too and want to get 4 inch pads.

Eliot Ness
08-28-2008, 07:37 AM
sorry to steal your thread but are the ccs pads and the lake country pads both good? i have a pc 7424 too and want to get 4 inch pads.The CCS pads are made by LC. It`s just a matter of preference if you want the CCS style with the dimples or not.

Another option to consider are pads from Exceldetail:

4^^ Erasure Turbo Kits (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=65769)