PDA

View Full Version : Kozak Cloth - opinions?

Pages : [1] 2

heatgain
08-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Anyone out there ever use the Kozak cloth? Can it possibly be any good?

imported_Larry A
08-26-2008, 07:58 AM
I like it for cars that are dusty. Somewhat better cleaning then a CCD. Ive used them for years. Never use them on a hot surface, and on a really dirty car.

Accumulator
08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
It would be impossible for me to overstate my negative opinion of the KOZAK :down

wfedwar
08-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Never used it, but it scares me.

MCWD
08-26-2008, 06:49 PM
This product was used by me about 4 years ago prior to having the knowledge that I have gotten over the years on my own and through this site. Now, I would never use it. I def see it causing paint issues.

heatgain
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
This product was used by me about 4 years ago prior to having the knowledge that I have gotten over the years on my own and through this site. Now, I would never use it. I def see it causing paint issues.

That`s also what worries me.

But.....I thought that of ONR and waterless car wash sprays too.

BigAl3
08-27-2008, 09:04 AM
skip it...

Accumulator
08-27-2008, 09:42 AM

But.....I thought that of ONR and waterless car wash sprays too.

There`s a world of difference between the KOZAK and ONR type products (which often/usually aren`t safe enough for me either).

ONR can emulsify and encapsulate and can be used with various wash media...whole lot different from rubbing a low-nap cloth against your paint.

wfedwar
08-27-2008, 05:34 PM
low-nap cloth against your paint.

Low nap? Have you ever seen one? It`s probably the longest-nap, fuzziest thing I`ve ever seen short of shag carpet.

imported_grease
08-27-2008, 06:06 PM

But.....I thought that of ONR and waterless car wash sprays too.I wouldnt classify ONR or DEW as waterless car washes. They are rinseless car washes. Water obviously has to be used for dilution of the product to your needed ratios.

MCWD
08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
BTW kozak had a really minty smell and gets all over your hands! yuck!

heatgain
08-28-2008, 05:35 AM
BTW kozak had a really minty smell and gets all over your hands! yuck!

Maybe that`s why the instructions say to wear gloves?

I took it out of the bag, inspected it, looked at the short nap (kinda looks like flannel), looked at my car........then put the Kozak back in the bag. Maybe I`ll try it a day or two before I`m going to polish the car anyway.

imported_Larry A
08-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Its not any worst then a dirty old CCD.

pes1
09-14-2008, 04:00 AM
I`ve used the KozaK cloth for almost 40 years. My grandfather gave me one when I bought my first car in 1969, and I have used it ever since on everything from a `71 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow to a `57 Chevy to a Jeep Cherokee.

I think it`s fantastic! It`s never scratched my cars, and really works very well. It wont get gunk and bird crap off your car, but it does get the usual accumulation of road dirt off easily.

I`ve even used it to get off the salt spray we get on our cars in Chicago winnters.

I think it`s a very good product. I know it sounds like it wont work... but try it first. And they have a money back guarantee, so what have you got to lose?

Rock
09-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Nah. This def don`t impress me at all. For sure you have some paint issue.