PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Wax By COLOR

iamthor
08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I`ve been "detailing" cars for money since i was about 10 (older bro and sis) but have never done it as a job for real. I do wash and take real care of my cars both cosmetically and mechanically. I now see that the pro`s prefers different waxes for different colors. Let me know what you prefer. :thx

1.White/White Pearl

2.Black\Real Dark Blue, Green, Etc

3.Silver

4.Red

5.Grey

6.Blue

7.Beige/Brown

8.Green

9.Yellow/Gold

Let me know if I should modify this color list.

imported_mobenzowner
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
First of all, I am not a pro. Most everyone in the know here will tell you that 90% of the look is determined by prep. I will say however I like the following:

1. White - NXT 2.0, duragloss 105

2. Blacks and other darks - Souveran paste, Wolfgang dgps

3. Silver - Sig series II, 4* UPP, opti-seal

4. Red - Souveran paste

5. Grey - 4* upp

6. Blue - p21s 100%, opti-seal

7. Beige/Brown - sig II, opti-seal

8. Green - ??

9. Yellow - Souveran, Opti-seal

These are just my opinion and everyone has one...........

iamthor
08-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks Mobenzowner. I think list like this will be helpful for gathering product.

But Wow, 100 hits and only one reply. Am i asking a forbidden question here?

qwertydude
08-26-2008, 09:45 AM
I think it`s because pretty much a good wax looks good on any color, and that 90% of the looks is the prep work, though some would argue 95%. I do find that nxt with all it`s fillers looks great on dark metallic cars also, it`s because they show holograms and marring very easily.

imported_weekendwarrior
08-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Collinite 845 for White, Silver, Beige, and Gold

Clearkote`s CMW for all dark colors

Zaino for any color when I am worried about durability

Hoping to form some Dodo opinions in the near future, as my shipment should arrive Monday or Tuesday (Thanks Daniel!!!)

Accumulator
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
... Wow, 100 hits and only one reply. Am i asking a forbidden question here?

I too think that the color-specific pros/cons are generally *vastly* overstated and that the prep contributes at least 95% in most cases.

For that final ~5%, some people like one look (wax/sealant, reflective/deep, pick your comparison) and other people like another :nixweiss

I have *very* few strong preferences, more often there are LSPs that I *dislike* on certain paints, but other people *prefer* those LSPs on the same paint :nixweiss

But OK...reds and blacks generally look great with Souveran or Meg`s #26. Most silvers look great with UPP.

citizen arcane
08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Being an enthusiast only and owning three black vehicles I can only recommend what I think is best on my cars. So for black: after trying different combos these last few years Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish (a cleaner/glaze) followed by DG 105 gives me the best combo of looks and durability. For those special times I may layer PB Black Hole Glaze.