PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Menzerna is expensive.

backwoods_lex
08-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Menzerna became really popular after I had already invested in optimum products when I first started getting hands on and doing correction a few years ago. I was interested in checking out what Menzerna has to offer recently and was suprised by how expensive their products are. I see the products being used a lot here but haven`t heard about the high pricing before. $50 for 32 ounces of SIP really seems like a lot to me.

rwisejr
08-25-2008, 03:56 AM
The products aren`t cheap but are well worth the price of admission !!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmblack3
08-25-2008, 05:41 AM
I think some vendors are having 20% off sales this w/e.

imported_rydawg
08-25-2008, 09:03 AM
A bottle should get atleast 60 cars done. That is under a $1 a car.

Like Bryan had said, check for Autopia discounts and you can get it cheaper.

If you really think about it MF`s are really the most expensive overhead per car.

imported_beachwolverine
08-25-2008, 11:54 AM
60 cars? That`s a lot more than I would get and is about 0.5oz per car. That seems low (0.5 oz) even if you are doing 4 pea sized amounts per 2` x 2` section. I`m sure you know more than me, I`m just looking for some clarification. How you apply to the pad for a 2x2 section?

Thanks.

salty
08-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Ya it seems as soon as a company has something that works and people want it the price goes up. SIP , 106 , M105 , UF.

backwoods_lex
08-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I haven`t kept track of 105 pricing but I find that a little more understandable. The quickness in which it breaks down kind of adds a new tool to the detailing arsenal. Its apparent efficiency seems to be a real money maker. Still haven`t tried it myself yet.

To plays devil`s advocate, waxes really vary in pricing. But that is really an apples and oranges type of thing. More of a luxury than tool.

imported_shine
08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I`ve got great results with Menzerna polishes but they can be finicky at times--sensitive to the pad/amount of product used, and heat/humidity. SIP seems to give me the most trouble.

Funny thing is I recently used SIP on a very humid day and it worked like a charm. Maybe I should add paint type into the list of variables, or user error. :nixweiss

At any rate, if I were to choose a single line of polishes to use it would likely be Menzerna, despite the price.

imported_rydawg
08-25-2008, 11:00 PM
60 cars? That`s a lot more than I would get and is about 0.5oz per car. That seems low (0.5 oz) even if you are doing 4 pea sized amounts per 2` x 2` section. I`m sure you know more than me, I`m just looking for some clarification. How you apply to the pad for a 2x2 section?

Thanks.

A fender gets 6-8 pea size drops, a hood gets 16, a trunk gets 4-6, etc...

Out of all the polishes and compounds I use, Menzerna gets used the most, but it gets restocked the least. The past 2 years I have noticed this.

Lumadar
08-26-2008, 04:42 AM
I haven`t kept track of 105 pricing but I find that a little more understandable. The quickness in which it breaks down kind of adds a new tool to the detailing arsenal. Its apparent efficiency seems to be a real money maker. Still haven`t tried it myself yet.

To plays devil`s advocate, waxes really vary in pricing. But that is really an apples and oranges type of thing. More of a luxury than tool.

To combine an answer to your reply, and the reply to which YOU replied...

For starters, I don`t believe M105 went up in pricing. It`s a very new product and was just pricey from the get-go IIRC.

As for the technology in M105, it actually doesn`t technically "break down" but it instead utilizes a patented and specific technology that employs incredibly precise and "sharp" MICRO abrasives that do NOT diminish with use. In other words, as long as the product stays wet it will continue to cut at 100%.

This is why some people like to mix in other products or spray water on the surface for extra work time.

This also explains why the product can simultaneously remove severe defects and leave a polished rouge. I love this stuff and use it on damn near every car I detail. :bigups

528hemi
09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
What makes Menzerna better to work with then say Optimum or Pinnacle xmt?

Is it really that much better to work with and is the end result really better?

I wonder if we are splitting hairs. I see great videos of these 3 polishes at work and each one looks great.

Bert
09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
What makes Menzerna better to work with then say Optimum or Pinnacle xmt?

Is it really that much better to work with and is the end result really better?

I wonder if we are splitting hairs. I see great videos of these 3 polishes at work and each one looks great.

All are very good polishes. Once I used up my Optimum Polishes I ordered a quart (smallest I could find) of Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (SIP) and a pint of Menzerna Nano Polish (106FF). Once I use those up, I will probably give the Wolfgang 2.0 polishes a try. Between Optimum and Menzerna, I like Menzerna a little better but I certainly would not recommend tossing your Optimum Polish. Use it up and then if you want, try others.

kaval
09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Menzerna is pricey, but their products are worth every penny IMO.

MCWD
09-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Def a great product line! I know the price is high, but the end result def is key! I like to hear people say, "Damn that is perfect!" Just my 2 cents...