PDA

View Full Version : washing MF towels

atticus1398
09-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi,
Is there any specific way to wash MF towels? I know not to use any fabric softener with them. But what about as far as laundry detergent?
Thanks,
Shane

pr0digy25
09-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I use a generic version of liquid laundry detergent (aka Liquid Tide) and wash in warm water. Dry on medium until the MF is almost dry, then let the air finish the drying off.

I saw on Adam`s Polishes website, if you`re MF has lost it`s kick that putting it in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes will bring it back to life.

carazy
09-09-2005, 02:16 PM
I do the same thing. I do add mf Rejuvenator (1/2 oz) to each load and they come out soft and plush.

lonewolf0420
09-09-2005, 03:29 PM
What will fabric softeners do to the MF`s?

Beemerboy
09-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I always read not to use hot water at all on MF...for me I use regular clothes sopa and add a scop opf Oxy-clean and wash in cold water then hang to dry.....Some of the towels that I have are a few years old and still have the punch to them.

jaybs02
09-09-2005, 05:16 PM
I wash mine in warm water w/woolite and put in vinegar during the rinse cycle

"J"

Patrick
09-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Hot water, with whatever flavor of the month detergent we have. Occasionaly I will use Charliesoap for a thorough cleaning.
Softener is actually a water repellant, so dont use. Ever notice when you (or your wife, G/F) use softener on bath towels, it wont absorb the water on your skin until "their broken in"?
Oh, dont use the "hot" temperature, or "cotton` on the dryer, its too hot to risk....Remove when the MF`s are still slightly damp.....

theRIAA
09-03-2006, 10:17 AM
you guys remove MF when wet to discurage linting???

joe.p
09-03-2006, 10:58 AM
If i don`t remove my towels from the dryer before there compltely dry there loaded with static electricity.

I was at the gas station filling up my gas can for the lawn mower as i was puting gas in the can i grabbed a MF towel out of the trunk to wipe down the can not realizing how much static electricity was in the towels,well you guessed it the static electricity ignited the pump took out the gas station and every thing around it for a block,so the moral of the story is not to over dry your towels so this won`t happen to you :rofl

Jen@autogeek
09-03-2006, 11:26 AM
I use a microfiber detergent and wash on warm then add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle. I dry them on the air setting on the dryer. :)

RTexasF
09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I use Micro Restore Microfiber Cleaner and it works better than all previous methods......cleaner and softer. As far as drying I just plop them in the dryer on low heat until they are dry and fold them up for the next time.

jaybs02
09-03-2006, 02:36 PM
you guys remove MF when wet to discurage linting???
I wash my MF`s independently from anything else, and MF`s don`t lint, so I am a little lost on your question.
I do like Joe suggests and don`t dry them all the way in the drier, but that is just so they don`t get a static build up.

BTW...I see e blew the dust of of this one :lol:

"J"