PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Buffer Swirl issues.. Toyota Supra please advise.

rbakerian
08-22-2008, 05:49 PM
So I recently went through a 10 hour process on my Supra and it was the first time I used my PC7424 to buff. My car is a 1993 Toyota Supra. The paint had some swirls in it and I wasn`t really happy with my results. Can you guys take a look at the procedure I used and let me know what I can change so it will work better. I did not really get the swirls out I wanted, and I also now have this haze that is all over the car! (Believe these are called holograms?) I thought I wiped the wax off pretty good..

The process..:

Here`s the process I used:

Washed car

Clayed Car

Used PC7424 and buffed the car slowly with a orange cutting pad.. I used the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover. I made sure to go slow so that the product would break down. (The pad was literally black after I was done)

Then used the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish with a black pad. I went slow again to break down the polish.

Then I used the white pad and applied Pinnacle Carnuaba wax with the machine and wiped it off.

All in all it came out OK, but didn`t take the swirls out that I wanted to. I got some stuff, but the rear bumper needs more work and so do some of the panels/roof.

Should I have used a more aggresive pad? Different polishes/swirl remover? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If anyone has any reccomendations of a better step system please let me know, I need to get these holograms out! They are driving me mad!

(I`d post pics but I cant yet).

imported_DetailDan
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Get rid of the Pinnacle polish and get some Megs or Menzerna polishes. Shoot me a PM for more info if you`d like.

UncleWede
08-22-2008, 07:16 PM
And also consider going a little faster as you move towards the final polishes. You want to do those at a higher speed to get the nicer shine.

Legacy
08-22-2008, 07:45 PM
The white pad is a polishing pad and should not be used to apply waxes. Use a black, blue, red, or new gold pad for waxes.

rbakerian
08-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Allright, can someone reccomend a decent step system for my black car? How does SIP work, do I need another polish after that? Also.. how about Klasse AIO? I hear good things about it.